Hugh Jackman Officially Joins Warner Bros.' 'Pan' as Blackbeard
Hugh Jackman has officially been added to the cast of Warner Bros.' "Pan (2015)". The actor, who stars in "The Wolverine", is set to play pirate Blackbeard in the upcoming flick centering on the character created by J.M. Barrie.
"Hugh Jackman always delivers indelible performances that resonate with audiences. We know he will create a Blackbeard who will be a powerful presence in this original Peter Pan adventure," Greg Silverman, president of creative development and worldwide production at Warner Bros., said in a statement.
"Inside Llewyn Davis" actor Garrett Hedlund was recently offered the role of Captain Hook in the movie. Meanwhile, Joe Wright ("Atonement" and "Pride and Prejudice") is already on board to helm the project based on screenplay by "Ice Age: Continental Drift" writer Jason Fuchs.
Greg Berlanti is producing under his Berlanti Productions banner while Sarah Schechter will oversee for the studio.
The pic, which has yet to have an official title, will hit U.S. theaters on July 17, 2015.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked