Hugh Jackman Officially Joins Warner Bros.' 'Pan' as Blackbeard
Hugh Jackman has officially been added to the cast of Warner Bros.' "Pan (2015)". The actor, who stars in "The Wolverine", is set to play pirate Blackbeard in the upcoming flick centering on the character created by J.M. Barrie.
"Hugh Jackman always delivers indelible performances that resonate with audiences. We know he will create a Blackbeard who will be a powerful presence in this original Peter Pan adventure," Greg Silverman, president of creative development and worldwide production at Warner Bros., said in a statement.
"Inside Llewyn Davis" actor Garrett Hedlund was recently offered the role of Captain Hook in the movie. Meanwhile, Joe Wright ("Atonement" and "Pride and Prejudice") is already on board to helm the project based on screenplay by "Ice Age: Continental Drift" writer Jason Fuchs.
Greg Berlanti is producing under his Berlanti Productions banner while Sarah Schechter will oversee for the studio.
The pic, which has yet to have an official title, will hit U.S. theaters on July 17, 2015.
More Pan News
- Pictures of Pippa Middleton and James Matthews' Tropical Honeymoon Surface
- See Jason Momoa and Amber Heard Together for the First Time in 'Aquaman' Set Photo
- Heidi Klum Gets Back Together With Vito Schnabel After His Cheating Scandal
- Katy Perry Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction as She Flashes Her Underwear on Stage
- Eddie Vedder Delivers Emotional Tribute to Chris Cornell at Amsterdam Show
- Camilla Recalls 'Horrid' Time After Prince Charles Affair Was Revealed
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' Sails to No. 1 at Box Office, 'Baywatch' Sinks
- Jealous Ryan Seacrest May Drop 'American Idol' Over Katy Perry's $25 Million Paycheck