Hugh Jackman Officially Joins Warner Bros.' 'Pan' as Blackbeard
Hugh Jackman has officially been added to the cast of Warner Bros.' "Pan (2015)". The actor, who stars in "The Wolverine", is set to play pirate Blackbeard in the upcoming flick centering on the character created by J.M. Barrie.
"Hugh Jackman always delivers indelible performances that resonate with audiences. We know he will create a Blackbeard who will be a powerful presence in this original Peter Pan adventure," Greg Silverman, president of creative development and worldwide production at Warner Bros., said in a statement.
"Inside Llewyn Davis" actor Garrett Hedlund was recently offered the role of Captain Hook in the movie. Meanwhile, Joe Wright ("Atonement" and "Pride and Prejudice") is already on board to helm the project based on screenplay by "Ice Age: Continental Drift" writer Jason Fuchs.
Greg Berlanti is producing under his Berlanti Productions banner while Sarah Schechter will oversee for the studio.
The pic, which has yet to have an official title, will hit U.S. theaters on July 17, 2015.
More Pan News
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed