Hugh Jackman Officially Joins Warner Bros.' 'Pan' as Blackbeard
Hugh Jackman has officially been added to the cast of Warner Bros.' "Pan (2015)". The actor, who stars in "The Wolverine", is set to play pirate Blackbeard in the upcoming flick centering on the character created by J.M. Barrie.
"Hugh Jackman always delivers indelible performances that resonate with audiences. We know he will create a Blackbeard who will be a powerful presence in this original Peter Pan adventure," Greg Silverman, president of creative development and worldwide production at Warner Bros., said in a statement.
"Inside Llewyn Davis" actor Garrett Hedlund was recently offered the role of Captain Hook in the movie. Meanwhile, Joe Wright ("Atonement" and "Pride and Prejudice") is already on board to helm the project based on screenplay by "Ice Age: Continental Drift" writer Jason Fuchs.
Greg Berlanti is producing under his Berlanti Productions banner while Sarah Schechter will oversee for the studio.
The pic, which has yet to have an official title, will hit U.S. theaters on July 17, 2015.
More Pan News
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'