Hugh Jackman Officially Joins Warner Bros.' 'Pan' as Blackbeard
Hugh Jackman has officially been added to the cast of Warner Bros.' "Pan (2015)". The actor, who stars in "The Wolverine", is set to play pirate Blackbeard in the upcoming flick centering on the character created by J.M. Barrie.
"Hugh Jackman always delivers indelible performances that resonate with audiences. We know he will create a Blackbeard who will be a powerful presence in this original Peter Pan adventure," Greg Silverman, president of creative development and worldwide production at Warner Bros., said in a statement.
"Inside Llewyn Davis" actor Garrett Hedlund was recently offered the role of Captain Hook in the movie. Meanwhile, Joe Wright ("Atonement" and "Pride and Prejudice") is already on board to helm the project based on screenplay by "Ice Age: Continental Drift" writer Jason Fuchs.
Greg Berlanti is producing under his Berlanti Productions banner while Sarah Schechter will oversee for the studio.
The pic, which has yet to have an official title, will hit U.S. theaters on July 17, 2015.
More Pan News
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?