Regina Spektor Will Skip the Grammys Because She's 'Super Pregnant'
Regina Spektor, who is nominated for an award at the Grammys for the first time, will miss the awards show. Spektor announced in her Facebook on Thursday, January 23 that she would not be able to attend the event because she was "super pregnant."
"I was so happy to be nominated for my first Grammy! I would have definitely gone to LA for all the fun, in a party dress and with bells on, if I wasn't so super pregnant at the moment. (!!!!!!!!!!)," she wrote. "Jack and I are very excited to be expecting a brand new human together!!! I've been spending most of my time writing songs, dreaming up the new record, cooking soup, eating soup, and being very grateful for the people in my life- family, friends, and you..."
The singer/songwriter, who is nominated in the category of Best Song Written for Visual Media for "Orange Is the New Black" theme song "You've Got Time", additionally thanked everyone for the nomination. "I'll see you from the couch," she concluded.
Other songs which are included in the category are "Atlas" from "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire", "Silver Lining" from "Silver Linings Playbook", "Skyfall" from "Skyfall", "We Both Know" from "Safe Haven" and "Young and Beautiful" from "The Great Gatsby".
Spektor and her husband Jack Dishel tied the knot in 2011.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones