Regina Spektor Will Skip the Grammys Because She's 'Super Pregnant'
Regina Spektor, who is nominated for an award at the Grammys for the first time, will miss the awards show. Spektor announced in her Facebook on Thursday, January 23 that she would not be able to attend the event because she was "super pregnant."
"I was so happy to be nominated for my first Grammy! I would have definitely gone to LA for all the fun, in a party dress and with bells on, if I wasn't so super pregnant at the moment. (!!!!!!!!!!)," she wrote. "Jack and I are very excited to be expecting a brand new human together!!! I've been spending most of my time writing songs, dreaming up the new record, cooking soup, eating soup, and being very grateful for the people in my life- family, friends, and you..."
The singer/songwriter, who is nominated in the category of Best Song Written for Visual Media for "Orange Is the New Black" theme song "You've Got Time", additionally thanked everyone for the nomination. "I'll see you from the couch," she concluded.
Other songs which are included in the category are "Atlas" from "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire", "Silver Lining" from "Silver Linings Playbook", "Skyfall" from "Skyfall", "We Both Know" from "Safe Haven" and "Young and Beautiful" from "The Great Gatsby".
Spektor and her husband Jack Dishel tied the knot in 2011.
- Ja Rule Apologizes for Disastrous Fyre Festival, Insists 'It Was Not a Scam'
- 'Roseanne' Revival in the Works With Original Main Cast
- Aaron Rodgers Spotted on Date With 'Baywatch' Star Kelly Rohrbach After Olivia Munn Split
- Gwen Stefani Hospitalized Due to Ruptured Ear Drum
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob and Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner