'The Walking Dead' New Promo Teases the Character's Psychological Damage in Season 4b
"The Walking Dead" cast and crew talk about what's coming ahead in the remainder of season 4 in a newly-released featurette. Speaking in between scenes of the show, executive producer Robert Kirman explains where the last episode left off, "Coming out of the first half of this season, seeing the prison fall, not really knowing who's where and if some of these characters even survive or not, that's really exciting."
Fellow EP Dave Alpert says the overall theme in the second half will be "get(ting) everybody back together" after the survivors were separated. EP Denise Huth adds, "A theme of the show over and over again is 'whenever you create a home, it will not last long. It will always change, and you will always suffer more loss, and what will you do?' "
EP/special effects guru Greg Nicotero gushes that what makes the rest of the season interesting is because "there's really personal moments between our characters." Indeed, the characters are emotionally damaged after losing their sanctuary and their loved ones.
"The back eight [episodes] feels like a whole new season. We're moving into a much more psychological horror," star Andrew Lincoln teases. The British actor gushes, "It's a terrifying world that we inhabit again...We're weakened before we're split from each other. ... We're jumping off the cliff."
Of his character Rick Grimes, he describes him as "psychologically bereft" and "a man who's very, very scared." He adds, "[Rick] is a much more aggressive, protective father figure."
"The Walking Dead" will return with the remainder of season 4 Sunday, February 9 at 9 P.M. ET on AMC. On Super Bowl Sunday, February 2, the cable channel will air all episodes from season 1 and 2 of the show as part of "Zombie Bowl" beginning at 10 A.M. ET.
More The Walking Dead News
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?
- 'World War Z 2' Will Likely Reunite David Fincher and Brad Pitt
- Kourtney Kardashian's Looking for 'More Loyal Soulmate' as She's 'So Over' Scott Disick
- Is Meghan Markle Planning to Get Pregnant Before Marrying Prince Harry?
- Hailee Steinfeld, Kelsea Ballerini and Sofia Carson to Perform Britney Spears Medley at RDMA 2017
- Nam Joo Hyuk's Fans Angered by His Relationship With Lee Sung Kyung