'The Walking Dead' New Promo Teases the Character's Psychological Damage in Season 4b
"The Walking Dead" cast and crew talk about what's coming ahead in the remainder of season 4 in a newly-released featurette. Speaking in between scenes of the show, executive producer Robert Kirman explains where the last episode left off, "Coming out of the first half of this season, seeing the prison fall, not really knowing who's where and if some of these characters even survive or not, that's really exciting."
Fellow EP Dave Alpert says the overall theme in the second half will be "get(ting) everybody back together" after the survivors were separated. EP Denise Huth adds, "A theme of the show over and over again is 'whenever you create a home, it will not last long. It will always change, and you will always suffer more loss, and what will you do?' "
EP/special effects guru Greg Nicotero gushes that what makes the rest of the season interesting is because "there's really personal moments between our characters." Indeed, the characters are emotionally damaged after losing their sanctuary and their loved ones.
"The back eight [episodes] feels like a whole new season. We're moving into a much more psychological horror," star Andrew Lincoln teases. The British actor gushes, "It's a terrifying world that we inhabit again...We're weakened before we're split from each other. ... We're jumping off the cliff."
Of his character Rick Grimes, he describes him as "psychologically bereft" and "a man who's very, very scared." He adds, "[Rick] is a much more aggressive, protective father figure."
"The Walking Dead" will return with the remainder of season 4 Sunday, February 9 at 9 P.M. ET on AMC. On Super Bowl Sunday, February 2, the cable channel will air all episodes from season 1 and 2 of the show as part of "Zombie Bowl" beginning at 10 A.M. ET.
More The Walking Dead News
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Denies Cheating Rumors
- 'Pitch Perfect 3' Shows 'Farewell Tour' in First Trailer
- Erin Andrews and Jarret Stoll Get Married in Sunset Ceremony
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London