Sony Nabs Movie Rights to Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg's 'Lean In'
Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg has sealed a movie deal with Sony Pictures. The studio has obtained rights to her book "Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead" with a goal to turn it into a film.
Sony has tapped "Sabrina, the Teenage Witch" creator Nell Scovell to write a narrative story based on the themes on the nonfiction book. The book itself addresses the inequities between how women and men are treated in the workplace and in leadership positions.
"Lean In" was first published in March 2013 and hit No. 1 on Amazon.com's best-seller list in its first week. It spent 12 weeks atop the New York Times nonfiction best-seller list in 2013.
Sony has previously found success with "The Social Network", a movie about Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg and the drama behind the creation of the social networking service. It's directed by David Fincher and scripted by Aaron Sorkin based on the book "The Accidental Billionaires" by Ben Mezrich.
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent