Sony Nabs Movie Rights to Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg's 'Lean In'
Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg has sealed a movie deal with Sony Pictures. The studio has obtained rights to her book "Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead" with a goal to turn it into a film.
Sony has tapped "Sabrina, the Teenage Witch" creator Nell Scovell to write a narrative story based on the themes on the nonfiction book. The book itself addresses the inequities between how women and men are treated in the workplace and in leadership positions.
"Lean In" was first published in March 2013 and hit No. 1 on Amazon.com's best-seller list in its first week. It spent 12 weeks atop the New York Times nonfiction best-seller list in 2013.
Sony has previously found success with "The Social Network", a movie about Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg and the drama behind the creation of the social networking service. It's directed by David Fincher and scripted by Aaron Sorkin based on the book "The Accidental Billionaires" by Ben Mezrich.
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Get Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed