Sony Nabs Movie Rights to Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg's 'Lean In'
Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg has sealed a movie deal with Sony Pictures. The studio has obtained rights to her book "Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead" with a goal to turn it into a film.
Sony has tapped "Sabrina, the Teenage Witch" creator Nell Scovell to write a narrative story based on the themes on the nonfiction book. The book itself addresses the inequities between how women and men are treated in the workplace and in leadership positions.
"Lean In" was first published in March 2013 and hit No. 1 on Amazon.com's best-seller list in its first week. It spent 12 weeks atop the New York Times nonfiction best-seller list in 2013.
Sony has previously found success with "The Social Network", a movie about Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg and the drama behind the creation of the social networking service. It's directed by David Fincher and scripted by Aaron Sorkin based on the book "The Accidental Billionaires" by Ben Mezrich.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal