Sony Nabs Movie Rights to Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg's 'Lean In'
Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg has sealed a movie deal with Sony Pictures. The studio has obtained rights to her book "Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead" with a goal to turn it into a film.
Sony has tapped "Sabrina, the Teenage Witch" creator Nell Scovell to write a narrative story based on the themes on the nonfiction book. The book itself addresses the inequities between how women and men are treated in the workplace and in leadership positions.
"Lean In" was first published in March 2013 and hit No. 1 on Amazon.com's best-seller list in its first week. It spent 12 weeks atop the New York Times nonfiction best-seller list in 2013.
Sony has previously found success with "The Social Network", a movie about Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg and the drama behind the creation of the social networking service. It's directed by David Fincher and scripted by Aaron Sorkin based on the book "The Accidental Billionaires" by Ben Mezrich.
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set