Sony Nabs Movie Rights to Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg's 'Lean In'
Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg has sealed a movie deal with Sony Pictures. The studio has obtained rights to her book "Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead" with a goal to turn it into a film.
Sony has tapped "Sabrina, the Teenage Witch" creator Nell Scovell to write a narrative story based on the themes on the nonfiction book. The book itself addresses the inequities between how women and men are treated in the workplace and in leadership positions.
"Lean In" was first published in March 2013 and hit No. 1 on Amazon.com's best-seller list in its first week. It spent 12 weeks atop the New York Times nonfiction best-seller list in 2013.
Sony has previously found success with "The Social Network", a movie about Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg and the drama behind the creation of the social networking service. It's directed by David Fincher and scripted by Aaron Sorkin based on the book "The Accidental Billionaires" by Ben Mezrich.
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident