Starz Debuts First Teaser for 50 Cent's 'Power'
Starz has debuted the first teaser for "Power", its new drama series which will debut this summer. The very brief clip features champagne popping and a gun being fired as 50 Cent's "Disco Inferno" is being played as the background music.
"Power" is created by Courtney Kemp Agboh and executive produced by Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson. The crime drama is set in two different worlds, the glamorous New York club scene and the brutal drug trade.
It will follow the story of James "Ghost" St. Patrick, played by Omari Hardwick, who has a beautiful wife, a gorgeous Manhattan penthouse and the hottest, up-and-coming new nightclub in New York.
His club, Truth, caters to the elite: the famous and infamous boldface names that run the city that never sleeps. As its success grows, so do Ghost's plans to build an empire. However, Truth hides an ugly reality. It's a front for Ghost's criminal underworld; a lucrative drug network, serving only the wealthy and powerful.
The show will also star Lela Loren as James' old flame Angela Valdes, Naturi Naughton as his wife Tasha and Joseph Sikora as his childhood friend and business partner Tommy Egan. 50 Cent and La La Anthony will also appear on the drama in recurring roles.
More Power News
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed