Starz Debuts First Teaser for 50 Cent's 'Power'
Starz has debuted the first teaser for "Power", its new drama series which will debut this summer. The very brief clip features champagne popping and a gun being fired as 50 Cent's "Disco Inferno" is being played as the background music.
"Power" is created by Courtney Kemp Agboh and executive produced by Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson. The crime drama is set in two different worlds, the glamorous New York club scene and the brutal drug trade.
It will follow the story of James "Ghost" St. Patrick, played by Omari Hardwick, who has a beautiful wife, a gorgeous Manhattan penthouse and the hottest, up-and-coming new nightclub in New York.
His club, Truth, caters to the elite: the famous and infamous boldface names that run the city that never sleeps. As its success grows, so do Ghost's plans to build an empire. However, Truth hides an ugly reality. It's a front for Ghost's criminal underworld; a lucrative drug network, serving only the wealthy and powerful.
The show will also star Lela Loren as James' old flame Angela Valdes, Naturi Naughton as his wife Tasha and Joseph Sikora as his childhood friend and business partner Tommy Egan. 50 Cent and La La Anthony will also appear on the drama in recurring roles.
More Power News
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video