Starz Debuts First Teaser for 50 Cent's 'Power'
Starz has debuted the first teaser for "Power", its new drama series which will debut this summer. The very brief clip features champagne popping and a gun being fired as 50 Cent's "Disco Inferno" is being played as the background music.
"Power" is created by Courtney Kemp Agboh and executive produced by Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson. The crime drama is set in two different worlds, the glamorous New York club scene and the brutal drug trade.
It will follow the story of James "Ghost" St. Patrick, played by Omari Hardwick, who has a beautiful wife, a gorgeous Manhattan penthouse and the hottest, up-and-coming new nightclub in New York.
His club, Truth, caters to the elite: the famous and infamous boldface names that run the city that never sleeps. As its success grows, so do Ghost's plans to build an empire. However, Truth hides an ugly reality. It's a front for Ghost's criminal underworld; a lucrative drug network, serving only the wealthy and powerful.
The show will also star Lela Loren as James' old flame Angela Valdes, Naturi Naughton as his wife Tasha and Joseph Sikora as his childhood friend and business partner Tommy Egan. 50 Cent and La La Anthony will also appear on the drama in recurring roles.
More Power News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story