Details of Quentin Tarantino's Shelved 'Hateful Eight' Emerge
After Quentin Tarantino angrily scrapped his plans to make "The Hateful Eight" as his next movie following the script leak, details of the project now emerge. The Wrap has obtained a copy of the script, revealing the main characters and Tarantino's plans to shoot it in the 70mm format.
The movie would open with a breathtaking scene of snowy landscape in Wyoming mountain range. Two bounty hunters, one is a former major in the Union army and another is named John Ruth, who were likely played by Samuel L. Jackson and Michael Madsen, reportedly dominate the first two of the script's five chapters.
They're joined by a Southerner named Chris Mannix on the road and together the three men with a living prisoner come to a haberdashery, but the owners are nowhere to be found. They, instead, run into a Southern general, an alleged hangman, a Frenchman named Bob and a cowboy named Joe Gage.
Tarantino told Deadline earlier that he's "very, very depressed" after the script leaked. He claimed he gave the script to six persons, including producer Reggie Hudlin and actors Madsen, Bruce Dern, as well as Tim Roth, and he suspected that it's either the agents of Dern or Madsen who leaked the script. Though so, the "Inglourious Basterds" helmer said he still would love to work with Dern.
Tarantino now plans to publish "Hateful Eight" as a book but he might revisit it a few years after the book is released. "I could totally change my mind; I own the f**king thing. But I can tell you, it's not going to be the next thing I do," he said.
- Watch Fifth Harmony Bring Out Ty Dolla $ign for Mini Concert on 'Today' Show
- Get First Images and Details of 'Cars 3'
- Will There Be More 'Matrix' Movies? Here's What Joel Silver Says
- Topher Grace Marries Fiancee Ashley Hinshaw in Private Ceremony
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Proposals and Villain Already in Week 2
- Katy Perry's Twitter Account Is Hacked, Posts Tweet About Taylor Swift
- Why Cyclops Should Be the Leader of the Next 'X-Men' Franchise
- Diplo Reuniting With Justin Bieber and MO for Major Lazer's New Song