Details of Quentin Tarantino's Shelved 'Hateful Eight' Emerge
After Quentin Tarantino angrily scrapped his plans to make "The Hateful Eight" as his next movie following the script leak, details of the project now emerge. The Wrap has obtained a copy of the script, revealing the main characters and Tarantino's plans to shoot it in the 70mm format.
The movie would open with a breathtaking scene of snowy landscape in Wyoming mountain range. Two bounty hunters, one is a former major in the Union army and another is named John Ruth, who were likely played by Samuel L. Jackson and Michael Madsen, reportedly dominate the first two of the script's five chapters.
They're joined by a Southerner named Chris Mannix on the road and together the three men with a living prisoner come to a haberdashery, but the owners are nowhere to be found. They, instead, run into a Southern general, an alleged hangman, a Frenchman named Bob and a cowboy named Joe Gage.
Tarantino told Deadline earlier that he's "very, very depressed" after the script leaked. He claimed he gave the script to six persons, including producer Reggie Hudlin and actors Madsen, Bruce Dern, as well as Tim Roth, and he suspected that it's either the agents of Dern or Madsen who leaked the script. Though so, the "Inglourious Basterds" helmer said he still would love to work with Dern.
Tarantino now plans to publish "Hateful Eight" as a book but he might revisit it a few years after the book is released. "I could totally change my mind; I own the f**king thing. But I can tell you, it's not going to be the next thing I do," he said.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal