'American Idol' Atlanta Auditions: A Phillip Phillips Wannabe and Divas With Big Voices
"American Idol" moved on to Atlanta in the January 23 episode of season 13. Forty-four singers from the city went to Hollywood, including Sam Burchfield who brought some fun to the show. Dressing in full Phillip Phillips attire, he sang a playful version of "I Wanna Be Like You" from "The Jungle Book" while playing a guitar. He earned "yes" from Jennifer Lopez and Keith Urban though Harry Connick Jr. disagreed with his fellow judges.
Chris Medina (not the one from season 10) brought a dog to the audition and Harry was immediately smitten with the pet. He also played a guitar and all three judges loved his cover of Adele's "Chasing Pavements". "I believed you. I believe that I have a wet spot on my pants," Harry said as the dog made a mess on his lap.
Some girls with powerful voices also showed strong competition on the show. Nurse technician Kristen O'Connor, "Idol" fan Emily Piriz, and Nica Nashae who sang "(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman" earned Golden Tickets.
Neco Starr was another potential star on the show after captivating the judges with his rendition of Adele's "Someone Like You". He and Caleb Johnson were among returning contestants who made it to Hollywood once again.
Jessica Meuse, a girl with pink streak hair who sang an original song, was also advancing. Last but not least, there was Bria Anai who closed out the episode with a rendition of Adele's "One and Only". The 15-year-old was sent to Hollywood as well.
Next week, "American Idol" will return with the last parts of auditions in Salt Lake City, Utah and Omaha, Nebraska.
More American Idol News
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign