'American Idol' Atlanta Auditions: A Phillip Phillips Wannabe and Divas With Big Voices
"American Idol" moved on to Atlanta in the January 23 episode of season 13. Forty-four singers from the city went to Hollywood, including Sam Burchfield who brought some fun to the show. Dressing in full Phillip Phillips attire, he sang a playful version of "I Wanna Be Like You" from "The Jungle Book" while playing a guitar. He earned "yes" from Jennifer Lopez and Keith Urban though Harry Connick Jr. disagreed with his fellow judges.
Chris Medina (not the one from season 10) brought a dog to the audition and Harry was immediately smitten with the pet. He also played a guitar and all three judges loved his cover of Adele's "Chasing Pavements". "I believed you. I believe that I have a wet spot on my pants," Harry said as the dog made a mess on his lap.
Some girls with powerful voices also showed strong competition on the show. Nurse technician Kristen O'Connor, "Idol" fan Emily Piriz, and Nica Nashae who sang "(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman" earned Golden Tickets.
Neco Starr was another potential star on the show after captivating the judges with his rendition of Adele's "Someone Like You". He and Caleb Johnson were among returning contestants who made it to Hollywood once again.
Jessica Meuse, a girl with pink streak hair who sang an original song, was also advancing. Last but not least, there was Bria Anai who closed out the episode with a rendition of Adele's "One and Only". The 15-year-old was sent to Hollywood as well.
Next week, "American Idol" will return with the last parts of auditions in Salt Lake City, Utah and Omaha, Nebraska.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March