'American Idol' Atlanta Auditions: A Phillip Phillips Wannabe and Divas With Big Voices
"American Idol" moved on to Atlanta in the January 23 episode of season 13. Forty-four singers from the city went to Hollywood, including Sam Burchfield who brought some fun to the show. Dressing in full Phillip Phillips attire, he sang a playful version of "I Wanna Be Like You" from "The Jungle Book" while playing a guitar. He earned "yes" from Jennifer Lopez and Keith Urban though Harry Connick Jr. disagreed with his fellow judges.
Chris Medina (not the one from season 10) brought a dog to the audition and Harry was immediately smitten with the pet. He also played a guitar and all three judges loved his cover of Adele's "Chasing Pavements". "I believed you. I believe that I have a wet spot on my pants," Harry said as the dog made a mess on his lap.
Some girls with powerful voices also showed strong competition on the show. Nurse technician Kristen O'Connor, "Idol" fan Emily Piriz, and Nica Nashae who sang "(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman" earned Golden Tickets.
Neco Starr was another potential star on the show after captivating the judges with his rendition of Adele's "Someone Like You". He and Caleb Johnson were among returning contestants who made it to Hollywood once again.
Jessica Meuse, a girl with pink streak hair who sang an original song, was also advancing. Last but not least, there was Bria Anai who closed out the episode with a rendition of Adele's "One and Only". The 15-year-old was sent to Hollywood as well.
Next week, "American Idol" will return with the last parts of auditions in Salt Lake City, Utah and Omaha, Nebraska.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture