Neil Patrick Harris Chosen as Harvard's Hasty Pudding Man of the Year
Neil Patrick Harris has been named Man of the Year by Harvard University's Hasty Pudding Theatricals. The nation's oldest theatrical organization has been honoring performers with the title since 1963. The "How I Met Your Mother" actor joined previous honorees which include Clint Eastwood, Harrison Ford, Anthony Hopkins and Justin Timberlake.
"I assume this is for that pudding wrestling competition I won last April, right?" Harris joked in a statement. "It was dark and seemed quite seedy at the time, I'm stoked that it's connected with Harvard. Fancy! Can't wait!" The festivities will take place on February 7 in Harvard Square.
Helen Mirren, meanwhile, received Harvard's Hasty Pudding Woman of the Year award for 2014. "How very saucy of the Hasty Pudding organization to offer me their award," she said following the announcement last week. "As someone who adores Pudding in all its manifestations ... Suet, Christmas, Treacle, Bread and Butter, Yorkshire, Plum, Figgy, etc., etc., I am so looking forward to the famous Hasty Pudding." The festivities will take place on January 30.
Man and Woman of the Year titles are given to performers who have made lasting contributions to entertainment. Previous honorees of Woman of the Year award include Katharine Hepburn, Julia Roberts, Jodie Foster, Elizabeth Taylor, Anne Hathaway, Claire Danes and Marion Cotillard.
More Neil Patrick Harris News
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set