Neil Patrick Harris Chosen as Harvard's Hasty Pudding Man of the Year
Neil Patrick Harris has been named Man of the Year by Harvard University's Hasty Pudding Theatricals. The nation's oldest theatrical organization has been honoring performers with the title since 1963. The "How I Met Your Mother" actor joined previous honorees which include Clint Eastwood, Harrison Ford, Anthony Hopkins and Justin Timberlake.
"I assume this is for that pudding wrestling competition I won last April, right?" Harris joked in a statement. "It was dark and seemed quite seedy at the time, I'm stoked that it's connected with Harvard. Fancy! Can't wait!" The festivities will take place on February 7 in Harvard Square.
Helen Mirren, meanwhile, received Harvard's Hasty Pudding Woman of the Year award for 2014. "How very saucy of the Hasty Pudding organization to offer me their award," she said following the announcement last week. "As someone who adores Pudding in all its manifestations ... Suet, Christmas, Treacle, Bread and Butter, Yorkshire, Plum, Figgy, etc., etc., I am so looking forward to the famous Hasty Pudding." The festivities will take place on January 30.
Man and Woman of the Year titles are given to performers who have made lasting contributions to entertainment. Previous honorees of Woman of the Year award include Katharine Hepburn, Julia Roberts, Jodie Foster, Elizabeth Taylor, Anne Hathaway, Claire Danes and Marion Cotillard.
More Neil Patrick Harris News
- Girls' Generation Graces the Cover of W Korea for Their 10th Anniversary
- Kanye West Gives Paralyzed Fan Custom Yeezy Boots
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Hire 18 New Staff for Twin Kids
- Blac Chyna Is Starring in Nicki Minaj's New Music Video
- Ryan Seacrest Is Officially Returning to 'American Idol'
- Eight Times Chrissy Teigen Makes Us ROTFL
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle May 'Get Married Somewhere Private and Elope'
- O.J. Simpson Could Be Denied Parole After Caught Masturbating in Cell