Sneak Peeks of Harry Potter Expansion at Universal Orlando
So popular Harry Potter attraction at Universal Orlando that it plans to expand the theme park. The resort has announced the new "Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley" that is currently under construction in its Florida theme park and released details of the expansion.
The addition will include a Hogwarts Express train and a ride based on Gringotts Wizarding Bank. There will be also a new section called Knockturn Alley, restaurants such as The Leaky Cauldron based on a popular wizarding pub from the series, as well as shops including Weasley's Wizard Wheezes shop for magical gags and toys.
"There were requests already from the beginning," said Universal creative senior vice president Thierry Coup of the expansion. "People thought, 'Why didn't you bring Diagon Alley?' 'Why didn't you do Gringotts?' We said, 'Well, just wait.' And now it's coming."
Alan Gilmore, art director for the park, said they "went to London and measured every building" to build replicas of London's iconic structures. He went on gushing, "This is an absolute raising of the bar in level of detail."
"The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley" at Universal Orlando will open this summer. More details on the new attraction will be released over time on the official site.
- Katy Perry Breaks Silence on Orlando Bloom's Nude Photos, Claims He Tried to Get Her Naked Too
- 'Big Bang Theory' Star Johnny Galecki's House Burns Down in California Massive Fire
- Iron Man Slips Into His Upgraded Armor in New 'Avengers: Infinity War' Set Photos
- 'The Lowe Files' Teaser Sees Rob Lowe and Sons Delving Into Unsolved Mysteries
- Rita Ora Flashes Thong in Sheer Red Dress
- Iggy Azalea Claps Back After Halsey Called Her 'Moron': 'I Don't Know Her'
- James Harden Realizes His Big Crush on Nicki Minaj After Giving Her Thirsty Stare at NBA Awards
- Michelle Rodriguez Threatens to Quit 'Fast and Furious' Franchise Over Its Depiction of Women