Sneak Peeks of Harry Potter Expansion at Universal Orlando
So popular Harry Potter attraction at Universal Orlando that it plans to expand the theme park. The resort has announced the new "Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley" that is currently under construction in its Florida theme park and released details of the expansion.
The addition will include a Hogwarts Express train and a ride based on Gringotts Wizarding Bank. There will be also a new section called Knockturn Alley, restaurants such as The Leaky Cauldron based on a popular wizarding pub from the series, as well as shops including Weasley's Wizard Wheezes shop for magical gags and toys.
"There were requests already from the beginning," said Universal creative senior vice president Thierry Coup of the expansion. "People thought, 'Why didn't you bring Diagon Alley?' 'Why didn't you do Gringotts?' We said, 'Well, just wait.' And now it's coming."
Alan Gilmore, art director for the park, said they "went to London and measured every building" to build replicas of London's iconic structures. He went on gushing, "This is an absolute raising of the bar in level of detail."
"The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley" at Universal Orlando will open this summer. More details on the new attraction will be released over time on the official site.
- Ben Affleck Says Taylor Swift Was Like 'God' When His Kids Met Her
- Kendall Jenner Unveils New Lip Tattoo
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage