Sneak Peeks of Harry Potter Expansion at Universal Orlando
So popular Harry Potter attraction at Universal Orlando that it plans to expand the theme park. The resort has announced the new "Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley" that is currently under construction in its Florida theme park and released details of the expansion.
The addition will include a Hogwarts Express train and a ride based on Gringotts Wizarding Bank. There will be also a new section called Knockturn Alley, restaurants such as The Leaky Cauldron based on a popular wizarding pub from the series, as well as shops including Weasley's Wizard Wheezes shop for magical gags and toys.
"There were requests already from the beginning," said Universal creative senior vice president Thierry Coup of the expansion. "People thought, 'Why didn't you bring Diagon Alley?' 'Why didn't you do Gringotts?' We said, 'Well, just wait.' And now it's coming."
Alan Gilmore, art director for the park, said they "went to London and measured every building" to build replicas of London's iconic structures. He went on gushing, "This is an absolute raising of the bar in level of detail."
"The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley" at Universal Orlando will open this summer. More details on the new attraction will be released over time on the official site.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story