Mary J. Blige's Father in Critical Condition After Being Stabbed by Ex-Girlfriend
Mary J. Blige's father, Thomas Blige, reportedly is in critical condition at Bronson Methodist Hospital in Kalamazoo, Mich. According to Battle Creek Enquirer, Thomas was stabbed three times including one to his neck by his former girlfriend during an altercation which took place on early Thursday morning, January 23.
Police went to Arbors of Battle Creek, an apartment complex at Rambling Road and Capital Avenue Southwest, at 6:58 A.M. after receiving a call and found Thomas with stab wounds. He was transported to Bronson Battle Creek and then to Bronson Methodist Hospital in Kalamazoo. He underwent a surgery to treat his injuries.
Detective Sgt. Jim Martens explained that they believed the dispute started after Thomas saw the woman deflating his tires. The woman has been put into custody and was charged with assault with intent to murder. She is expected to be arraigned at Calhoun County District Court on Friday.
According to the officers, there have been seven domestic violence complaints since August which involve the former lovers. The 50-year-old woman reportedly was sentenced to 6-month probation on January 10 after entering a no-contest plea on aggravated domestic violence charge.
More Mary J. Blige News
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel