Mary J. Blige's Father in Critical Condition After Being Stabbed by Ex-Girlfriend
Mary J. Blige's father, Thomas Blige, reportedly is in critical condition at Bronson Methodist Hospital in Kalamazoo, Mich. According to Battle Creek Enquirer, Thomas was stabbed three times including one to his neck by his former girlfriend during an altercation which took place on early Thursday morning, January 23.
Police went to Arbors of Battle Creek, an apartment complex at Rambling Road and Capital Avenue Southwest, at 6:58 A.M. after receiving a call and found Thomas with stab wounds. He was transported to Bronson Battle Creek and then to Bronson Methodist Hospital in Kalamazoo. He underwent a surgery to treat his injuries.
Detective Sgt. Jim Martens explained that they believed the dispute started after Thomas saw the woman deflating his tires. The woman has been put into custody and was charged with assault with intent to murder. She is expected to be arraigned at Calhoun County District Court on Friday.
According to the officers, there have been seven domestic violence complaints since August which involve the former lovers. The 50-year-old woman reportedly was sentenced to 6-month probation on January 10 after entering a no-contest plea on aggravated domestic violence charge.
- At Least Four People Shot During T.I.'s Concert in NY
- 'The Americans' to End After Two More Seasons
- The Weeknd Cancels Performance on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' Because of Donald Trump
- Kanye West Plays Matchmaker for Exes Khloe Kardashian and French Montana
- 'The Wolverine 3' Villains May Have Just Been Revealed
- Jennifer Aniston Mourning Her Mother Nancy Dow's Death
- Britney Spears Enlists G-Eazy for Her New Single 'Make Me'
- Gavin Rossdale Reportedly Hates Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton's Relationship