Mary J. Blige's Father in Critical Condition After Being Stabbed by Ex-Girlfriend
Mary J. Blige's father, Thomas Blige, reportedly is in critical condition at Bronson Methodist Hospital in Kalamazoo, Mich. According to Battle Creek Enquirer, Thomas was stabbed three times including one to his neck by his former girlfriend during an altercation which took place on early Thursday morning, January 23.
Police went to Arbors of Battle Creek, an apartment complex at Rambling Road and Capital Avenue Southwest, at 6:58 A.M. after receiving a call and found Thomas with stab wounds. He was transported to Bronson Battle Creek and then to Bronson Methodist Hospital in Kalamazoo. He underwent a surgery to treat his injuries.
Detective Sgt. Jim Martens explained that they believed the dispute started after Thomas saw the woman deflating his tires. The woman has been put into custody and was charged with assault with intent to murder. She is expected to be arraigned at Calhoun County District Court on Friday.
According to the officers, there have been seven domestic violence complaints since August which involve the former lovers. The 50-year-old woman reportedly was sentenced to 6-month probation on January 10 after entering a no-contest plea on aggravated domestic violence charge.
More Mary J. Blige News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal