Mary J. Blige's Father in Critical Condition After Being Stabbed by Ex-Girlfriend
Mary J. Blige's father, Thomas Blige, reportedly is in critical condition at Bronson Methodist Hospital in Kalamazoo, Mich. According to Battle Creek Enquirer, Thomas was stabbed three times including one to his neck by his former girlfriend during an altercation which took place on early Thursday morning, January 23.
Police went to Arbors of Battle Creek, an apartment complex at Rambling Road and Capital Avenue Southwest, at 6:58 A.M. after receiving a call and found Thomas with stab wounds. He was transported to Bronson Battle Creek and then to Bronson Methodist Hospital in Kalamazoo. He underwent a surgery to treat his injuries.
Detective Sgt. Jim Martens explained that they believed the dispute started after Thomas saw the woman deflating his tires. The woman has been put into custody and was charged with assault with intent to murder. She is expected to be arraigned at Calhoun County District Court on Friday.
According to the officers, there have been seven domestic violence complaints since August which involve the former lovers. The 50-year-old woman reportedly was sentenced to 6-month probation on January 10 after entering a no-contest plea on aggravated domestic violence charge.
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'