Nicki Minaj Slams ESPN Magazine for Retouching Her Cover
Nicki Minaj is not a fan of her own magazine cover. The "Starships" rapper recently called out ESPN magazine, alleging the publication that they retouched her image. Sharing the front page with Kobe Bryant, Minaj can be seen smiling while putting her hands on his shoulders. Minaj shared a snap of the cover on Instagram and captioned the post, "When retouching goes wrong."
Minaj additionally uploaded several behind-the-scene photos from the session. "I love my personal unretouched photos where my forehead doesn't mysteriously grow in length," she wrote in one of the posts. The 31-year-old star also shared her excitement about working with the basketball player. "So honored to be a part of this with Kobe. Had a blast," she said.
Another snap which she posted on Thursday, January 23 shows her and Bryant sitting together in front of big mirror and smiling. "There's gotta be a basketball metaphor that works for this pic... *thinks*," Minaj wrote.
Minaj is one of stars who have spoken against altering images. In November, Lady GaGa called out Glamour magazine, urging them to avoid retouching images in its upcoming editions. "It is fair to write about the change in your magazines. But what I want to see is the change on your covers... When the covers change, that's when culture changes," said the "Applause" singer, who was the magazine's cover star for December issue.
More Nicki Minaj News
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show