Nicki Minaj Slams ESPN Magazine for Retouching Her Cover
Nicki Minaj is not a fan of her own magazine cover. The "Starships" rapper recently called out ESPN magazine, alleging the publication that they retouched her image. Sharing the front page with Kobe Bryant, Minaj can be seen smiling while putting her hands on his shoulders. Minaj shared a snap of the cover on Instagram and captioned the post, "When retouching goes wrong."
Minaj additionally uploaded several behind-the-scene photos from the session. "I love my personal unretouched photos where my forehead doesn't mysteriously grow in length," she wrote in one of the posts. The 31-year-old star also shared her excitement about working with the basketball player. "So honored to be a part of this with Kobe. Had a blast," she said.
Another snap which she posted on Thursday, January 23 shows her and Bryant sitting together in front of big mirror and smiling. "There's gotta be a basketball metaphor that works for this pic... *thinks*," Minaj wrote.
Minaj is one of stars who have spoken against altering images. In November, Lady GaGa called out Glamour magazine, urging them to avoid retouching images in its upcoming editions. "It is fair to write about the change in your magazines. But what I want to see is the change on your covers... When the covers change, that's when culture changes," said the "Applause" singer, who was the magazine's cover star for December issue.
More Nicki Minaj News
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift