Marvel's 'Ant-Man' Release Date Moved Up
Marvel's "Ant-Man" has got a new release date. Disney has moved up the opening date of the superhero movie by two weeks from its initial date of July 31, 2015 to July 17 of the same year, so it's announced on Marvel's official site.
The move comes on the heels of Warner Bros.' decision to push back its Batman vs. Superman movie from July 17, 2015. The "Man of Steel" sequel that will feature Ben Affleck as the new Caped Crusader is now scheduled to hit theaters in the U.S. on May 6, 2016.
"Ant-Man" will now face off against Warner Bros.' Peter Pan origin movie titled "Pan (2015)" directed by Joe Wright. It's recently reported that Garrett Hedlund had been offered to take a lead role as Captain Hook in the adventure-fantasy movie.
"Ant-Man" has Paul Rudd on board to play Scott Lang, who's later portrayed as the titular superhero. Michael Douglas is added to the cast as Dr. Hank Pym, the inventor of original Ant-Man equipment, confirming speculation that the movie would feature two protagonists.
Michael Pena has been rumored in talks for a villainous role, while Rashida Jones and Bryce Dallas Howard are said in the running to be the leading lady in the movie.
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'
- Wishes Turn Into Nightmares in 'Wish Upon' New Trailer
- Sade Convinces Drake Not to Diss Kendrick Lamar Over a Track
- Selena Gomez Cheers on The Weeknd at Brazilian Concert
- 'Power Rangers' Future Installment May Feature Female Green Ranger
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle