Marvel's 'Ant-Man' Release Date Moved Up
Marvel's "Ant-Man" has got a new release date. Disney has moved up the opening date of the superhero movie by two weeks from its initial date of July 31, 2015 to July 17 of the same year, so it's announced on Marvel's official site.
The move comes on the heels of Warner Bros.' decision to push back its Batman vs. Superman movie from July 17, 2015. The "Man of Steel" sequel that will feature Ben Affleck as the new Caped Crusader is now scheduled to hit theaters in the U.S. on May 6, 2016.
"Ant-Man" will now face off against Warner Bros.' Peter Pan origin movie titled "Pan (2015)" directed by Joe Wright. It's recently reported that Garrett Hedlund had been offered to take a lead role as Captain Hook in the adventure-fantasy movie.
"Ant-Man" has Paul Rudd on board to play Scott Lang, who's later portrayed as the titular superhero. Michael Douglas is added to the cast as Dr. Hank Pym, the inventor of original Ant-Man equipment, confirming speculation that the movie would feature two protagonists.
Michael Pena has been rumored in talks for a villainous role, while Rashida Jones and Bryce Dallas Howard are said in the running to be the leading lady in the movie.
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed
- Artist of the Week: Bruno Mars
- 'The Walking Dead' Star on Daryl's Part in the Latest Death: 'It Weighs Heavily on Him'
- 'Han Solo' Movie May Reveal How the Iconic Smuggler Won the Millenium Falcon
- Taylor Swift Details Alleged Groping in Deposition: I Felt 'Distressed' and 'Violated'
- Bow Wow Announces Joint Album With Soulja Boy 'Ignorant S**t' Ahead of Retirement
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories