'Girl Meets World' Gets Full Season Order Ahead of Its Premiere
Disney Channel has given a vote of confidence to "Girl Meets World". The network has extended the first season run of the upcoming new series by picking it up for 8 more episodes, bringing it to a full season of 21.
Danielle Fishel, who starred on the show's predecessor "Boy Meets World", broke the news via Twitter before a representative for the network confirmed it. "Got the great news tonight that #GirlMeetsWorld was picked up for 8 more episodes - a total of 21! Can't wait for everyone to see them all," so he tweeted.
Production on the comedy series began last summer for a premiere in 2014, but no specific date has been announced yet. Fishel reprises her role as Topanga on the spin-off series, joined by her co-star Ben Savage who returns as Cory.
The new show will focus on Cory and Topanga's young daughter Riley Matthews, portrayed by Rowan Blanchard. Along with her best friend, the tween will navigate through middle school under her parents' watchful eyes. Sabrina Carpenter is cast as Riley's BFF.
Teo Halm was initially tapped to portray Cory and Topanga's eldest son Elliot, but his character was later cut from the show. "So guys, Disney decided that it wouldn't work to have an older brother on the show; I won't be on Girl Meets World. Thank you to everyone," the young actor tweeted in October last year.
- Meek Mill Takes More Shots at Drake on 'All the Way Up' Remix
- Disney Is Considering a Live-Action Version of 'The Little Mermaid'
- Johnny Depp Protects $400 Net Worth, Refuses Amber Heard's Request for Spousal Support
- 'Limitless' Is Canceled by CBS After One Season, Gets No Second Chance
- Beyonce Holds Hands With Jay-Z During Date Night in NYC
- New 'Captain America' Comic Reveals Steve Rogers Is a Hydra Agent All Along
- Patrick Dempsey Confirms He's Back Together With Wife Jillian Fink
- Amber Heard Files for Divorce From Johnny Depp