U2 to Premiere New Track 'Invisible' During Super Bowl
U2 is set to premiere their new song during the Super Bowl on Sunday, February 2. The Irish band made the announcement on their website on Thursday, January 23, saying that the track entitled "Invisible" would be featured in a commercial for (RED) and Bank of America.
The track will then be made available for free download on iTunes for the first 24 hours after the Super Bowl commercial airs. Each time the track is downloaded, the Bank of America will donate $1 to Bono's (RED) organization. The bank will donate up to $2 million, with the funds going to the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria.
"Bank of America coming on as a (RED) partner to help the Global Fund's efforts to eliminate AIDS is great news," Bono said in a statement. "It's the kind of game-changing influence that will not just deliver millions of dollars but raise consciousness and keep public pressure on putting an end to this devastating pandemic which has already taken the lives of 35 million people."
"And just in... the bank's commitment of $10 million has resulted in the Gates Foundation, SAP and Africa's Motsepe Family matching for a total of $22 million. Incredible," he added.
"Invisible" was produced by Danger Mouse and mixed by Tom Elmhirst. U2 has filmed a music video for the song with Mark Romanek directing it. The song will also be featured in the band's upcoming album, whose title and release date are still kept under wraps.
The song will be a new offering from U2, following Golden Globe Award-winning "Ordinary Love" which they wrote and recorded for the Nelson Mandela biopic "Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom".
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist