Justin Bieber Waved and Smiled to Fans as He Was Released From Jail
Justin Bieber left jail like a king. The pop star, who was arrested on early Thursday, January 23 in Miami Beach, Fla. for DUI and drag racing, sat on the roof of his car and waved to his fans after he was released from the Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center in Miami at 2 P.M. Thursday.
The 19-year-old pop star was released from custody after posting $2,500 bail. He was represented at his hearing by Roy Black, a famous attorney who once represented Kelsey Grammer. Earlier that day, a smiling Bieber took his mug shot and was booked. People magazine reported that he cried his eyes out in the detention center.
At a press conference, authorities said Bieber confessed to DUI. "During the investigation Mr Bieber made statements that he had consumed some alcohol, that he had been smoking marijuana and consumed some prescription medication," said Miami Beach police chief Raymond Martinez. "They were starting from a stop position and they were accelerating to a high rate of speed, going almost double the speed limit... in that area."
Bieber, along with model Chantel Jeffries who was in his passenger seat and rapper Khalil who was driving the other lamborghini Bieber was racing against, was arrested at 4:11 A.M. Bieber initially resisted arrest without violence as he kept his hands in his pockets when police told him to take them out. He also asked the officers why he was stopped.
According to the police report, Bieber was driving up to 60 mph in a residential neighborhood where the speed limit is 30 mph. He failed to take field sobriety test and did not have a valid driving license. "There are five tests - I believe he failed all five of them," Miami Police Sgt. Bobby Hernandez told the Daily News.
Hernandez also said, "He put everybody's lives at risk to try to get a cheap thrill. Thatís unacceptable behavior and he was arrested for it. He basically didn't want to comply with none of the officers on the scene, questioning every order that they gave him. He wouldn't take his hands out of his pockets. He was very uncooperative with the officers at the scene, using profanity."
Bieber blew a .04 on breathalyser and could face an automatic license suspension for being underage and blowing above a .02, according to Florida state law.
More Justin Bieber News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie