Leonardo DiCaprio and Martin Scorsese Get One More Oscar Nod for 'Wolf of Wall Street'
Leonardo DiCaprio and Martin Scorsese earn an additional Oscar nomination each. In the category of Best Picture which award will go to producers, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has just determined that the two are among the producers of the top prize's nominee "The Wolf of Wall Street".
The Academy takes a different route than the Producers Guild of America. Leo and Marty were previously denied PGA nod. Only Emma Tillinger Koskoff, Joey McFarland, and Riza Aziz were listed as "Wolf of Wall Street" producers when the film was nominated for Darryl F. Zanuck Award for Outstanding Producer of Theatrical Motion Pictures.
Leo and Marty now are credited as producers along with Koskoff and McFarland. Aziz who's excluded from the list has nothing but good words for his partners, "We are thrilled that the Academy has recognized the invaluable contributions of Marty, Leo, Joey and Emma on behalf of 'The Wolf of Wall Street.' Riza Aziz and Red Granite remain honored to be part of the production."
In an interview with Deadline, PGA's executive director Vance Van Petten says they didn't mean to "dun" Leo and Marty with their omission from the producer list. "We are just trying to analyze the functions that are specifically performed in producing...They just did not reach the standards according to our arbiters of performing a majority of producing functions of the film from development through post," he explained.
Van Petten went on, "They [the Academy] have the right to change it, keep it, adjust it, any way they see fit. Although I have to point out it is very rare that the Academy has not taken the Producers Guild recommendation, but they have every right to and I believe there has been one or two isolated incident over the past many years."
Winners for the 86th Annual Academy Awards will be announced live from Hollywood's Dolby Theatre on March 2 with Ellen DeGeneres as a host. Leonardo is additionally vying for Best Actor, and Martin is up for Best Director.
Besides announcing producer credits for "Wolf of Wall Street", the AMPAS has just revealed the individual nominees for "Twenty Feet from Stardom" in the Documentary Feature category. They are Morgan Neville, Gil Friesen and Caitrin Rogers.
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie