Bruce Springsteen's Son Becomes a Firefighter
Bruce Springsteen's son, Sam, has become a firefighter in New Jersey. According to Ashbury Park Press, Sam graduated last week with both parents attending his graduation. He will serve with the Colts Neck Fire Department New Jersey.
Sam's mother Patti Scialfa proudly shared a photo of him wearing his gear on Instagram last week to announce the graduation. "My youngest son, Sam, graduated from Monmouth County Fire Academy tonight. #Proud #OurFamilyHero," she captioned the snap.
"This is not an easy course. There's a lot of physical stuff and a lot of book work," Monmouth County Fire Marshal Henry Stryker III said of being a firefighter. He added that students learned many things which included "188 hours of instruction on rescue, fire extinguishment, hazardous materials response, cardio-pulmonary resuscitation, electrical safety" and many others.
Springteen and his family live on their horse farm in Colts Neck. He and his wife have three children, 23-year-old Evan, 22-year-old Jessica and 20-year-old Sam.
In other news, the country star's latest album "High Hopes" has landed on top of the Billboard 200 chart after selling 99,000 copies. It becomes Springsteen's 11th album which debuted at No. 1.
More Bruce Springsteen News
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna