Sinead O'Connor Rushed to Hospital Following Health Scare
Sinead O'Connor recalled a recent health scare in a blog post, saying that she suffered from a "physically traumatic experience I've ever had that didn't result in a baby." The Irish singer, who is popular for her 1990s hit "Nothing Compares 2 U", wrote in the blog that she felt unwell on Tuesday, January 14. Her sister took her to a hospital and later she was transfered to another medical facility where she was diagnosed with kidney stone.
She was discharged from hospital, but she did not feel better. Sinead called a doctor to her house on Friday because of excruciating pain. At that time, the singer admitted that she planned her own funeral. "I get seized by pain that feels like all my back ribs and all front are broken. Literally as if someone stamped all over me and smashed them... or I got run over by a car. So we're thinking ok... I could croak (die) any minute... and we start making plans... as to how the kids will be ok...," she wrote.
Over the weekend, she took several tests at another hospital and her doctor thought that the illness was "a physical reaction to an emotional trauma." She explained, "[The doctor] says 'You do have a kidney stone but it isn't where it would be causing you a problem. People have kidney stones all the time and don't know... the kidney stone isn't whats causing your pain.' "
"He asks me have I been upset about anything... I sob quietly and say 'Yes... something extremely traumatic happened about a week ago.' ... He says, 'There's your problem.' ... So [I am] now in recovery mode," she continued.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby