Sinead O'Connor Rushed to Hospital Following Health Scare
Sinead O'Connor recalled a recent health scare in a blog post, saying that she suffered from a "physically traumatic experience I've ever had that didn't result in a baby." The Irish singer, who is popular for her 1990s hit "Nothing Compares 2 U", wrote in the blog that she felt unwell on Tuesday, January 14. Her sister took her to a hospital and later she was transfered to another medical facility where she was diagnosed with kidney stone.
She was discharged from hospital, but she did not feel better. Sinead called a doctor to her house on Friday because of excruciating pain. At that time, the singer admitted that she planned her own funeral. "I get seized by pain that feels like all my back ribs and all front are broken. Literally as if someone stamped all over me and smashed them... or I got run over by a car. So we're thinking ok... I could croak (die) any minute... and we start making plans... as to how the kids will be ok...," she wrote.
Over the weekend, she took several tests at another hospital and her doctor thought that the illness was "a physical reaction to an emotional trauma." She explained, "[The doctor] says 'You do have a kidney stone but it isn't where it would be causing you a problem. People have kidney stones all the time and don't know... the kidney stone isn't whats causing your pain.' "
"He asks me have I been upset about anything... I sob quietly and say 'Yes... something extremely traumatic happened about a week ago.' ... He says, 'There's your problem.' ... So [I am] now in recovery mode," she continued.
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia
- Heath Ledger's Dad Blames Son for His Tragic Death: 'It Was Totally His Fault'
- Spidey's Suit Will Have New Abilities in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Mr. Robot 2.05 Preview: This Is What You Wanted
- JoJo Was Forced to Inject Herself to Lose Weight Fast
- Calvin Harris Is Avoiding Kanye West Collab Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date