Sinead O'Connor Rushed to Hospital Following Health Scare
Sinead O'Connor recalled a recent health scare in a blog post, saying that she suffered from a "physically traumatic experience I've ever had that didn't result in a baby." The Irish singer, who is popular for her 1990s hit "Nothing Compares 2 U", wrote in the blog that she felt unwell on Tuesday, January 14. Her sister took her to a hospital and later she was transfered to another medical facility where she was diagnosed with kidney stone.
She was discharged from hospital, but she did not feel better. Sinead called a doctor to her house on Friday because of excruciating pain. At that time, the singer admitted that she planned her own funeral. "I get seized by pain that feels like all my back ribs and all front are broken. Literally as if someone stamped all over me and smashed them... or I got run over by a car. So we're thinking ok... I could croak (die) any minute... and we start making plans... as to how the kids will be ok...," she wrote.
Over the weekend, she took several tests at another hospital and her doctor thought that the illness was "a physical reaction to an emotional trauma." She explained, "[The doctor] says 'You do have a kidney stone but it isn't where it would be causing you a problem. People have kidney stones all the time and don't know... the kidney stone isn't whats causing your pain.' "
"He asks me have I been upset about anything... I sob quietly and say 'Yes... something extremely traumatic happened about a week ago.' ... He says, 'There's your problem.' ... So [I am] now in recovery mode," she continued.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'