Shakira Reveals Title of New Album
Shakira has revealed the title of her anticipated new album. The singer talked about giving perfect title for her upcoming project in a post on her Facebook page before announcing that her fifth studio effort would simply be called "Shakira".
"I'm so happy that I will soon be sharing my latest album with you all, something I've been working on for over two years now," she said. "I've explored many different directions, worked with many different people, and written many, many demos before arriving at the finished product I will soon be presenting to you."
She went on talking about how she chose the title for her album, explaining, "I realized that it's not exactly a thematic album, though love is and always has been one of my main subjects and sources for inspiration. It's also not necessarily conceptual, as some of my albums have been in the past."
"In the end, what I realized is that throughout the course of creating this body of work, I learned a lot about myself. Though I didn't realize it at the time, all the directions I began exploring in the initial phases of recording were helping to pave a path for me of rediscovery. In the end I realized that I will always be a little bit of everything and I don't have to choose," she continued.
"I am sometimes extremely sensitive, sometimes upbeat, others dreamy and romantic, and even at times a little melodramatic. (Call it the Caribbean blood.) But always authentic and always sincere," she added. "Most importantly, I am enough. Imperfections and all. So what I am offering you now is just that."
"Shakira", which has so far spawned Rihanna-assisted "Can't Remember to Forget You", is due out on March 25.
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia