Mick Jagger to Turn '20 Feet From Stardom' Into TV Series and Broadway Musical
Mick Jagger is going to give the spotlight to his juniors in his upcoming project. The rocker is in talks to turn documentary "Twenty Feet from Stardom", in which he stars, into a scripted TV series and a Broadway musical.
The Rolling Stones lead vocalist will executive produce the one-hour TV show with Victoria Pearman through their Jagged Films banner alongside Morgan Neville, who produced and directed the film. Jagger is featured in interviews and footage of the Oscar-nominated movie, which centers on the lives of the background singers who perform with some of the biggest music stars.
The series and the musical adaptations will have the same concept but will only focus on contemporary artists. Darlene Love and Lisa Fischer, who appear in the film, are currently in talks to return to the Broadway version.
"20 Feet From Stardom" was premiered at Sundance last year and became the highest-grossing documentary of the year. It's vying for an Academy Award in the Documentary Feature category.
- 'Pitch Perfect 3' Release Pushed Back to Winter 2017
- Amber Heard Claims Police Lie About Finding No Evidence to Protect Johnny Depp
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' Gets Christmas Release Date and Official Synopsis
- Khloe Kardashian Cozying Up to Odell Beckham Jr. at Drake's Memorial Day Party
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'