Mick Jagger to Turn '20 Feet From Stardom' Into TV Series and Broadway Musical
Mick Jagger is going to give the spotlight to his juniors in his upcoming project. The rocker is in talks to turn documentary "Twenty Feet from Stardom", in which he stars, into a scripted TV series and a Broadway musical.
The Rolling Stones lead vocalist will executive produce the one-hour TV show with Victoria Pearman through their Jagged Films banner alongside Morgan Neville, who produced and directed the film. Jagger is featured in interviews and footage of the Oscar-nominated movie, which centers on the lives of the background singers who perform with some of the biggest music stars.
The series and the musical adaptations will have the same concept but will only focus on contemporary artists. Darlene Love and Lisa Fischer, who appear in the film, are currently in talks to return to the Broadway version.
"20 Feet From Stardom" was premiered at Sundance last year and became the highest-grossing documentary of the year. It's vying for an Academy Award in the Documentary Feature category.
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur