Mick Jagger to Turn '20 Feet From Stardom' Into TV Series and Broadway Musical
Mick Jagger is going to give the spotlight to his juniors in his upcoming project. The rocker is in talks to turn documentary "Twenty Feet from Stardom", in which he stars, into a scripted TV series and a Broadway musical.
The Rolling Stones lead vocalist will executive produce the one-hour TV show with Victoria Pearman through their Jagged Films banner alongside Morgan Neville, who produced and directed the film. Jagger is featured in interviews and footage of the Oscar-nominated movie, which centers on the lives of the background singers who perform with some of the biggest music stars.
The series and the musical adaptations will have the same concept but will only focus on contemporary artists. Darlene Love and Lisa Fischer, who appear in the film, are currently in talks to return to the Broadway version.
"20 Feet From Stardom" was premiered at Sundance last year and became the highest-grossing documentary of the year. It's vying for an Academy Award in the Documentary Feature category.
More Mick Jagger News
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce