Mick Jagger to Turn '20 Feet From Stardom' Into TV Series and Broadway Musical
Mick Jagger is going to give the spotlight to his juniors in his upcoming project. The rocker is in talks to turn documentary "Twenty Feet from Stardom", in which he stars, into a scripted TV series and a Broadway musical.
The Rolling Stones lead vocalist will executive produce the one-hour TV show with Victoria Pearman through their Jagged Films banner alongside Morgan Neville, who produced and directed the film. Jagger is featured in interviews and footage of the Oscar-nominated movie, which centers on the lives of the background singers who perform with some of the biggest music stars.
The series and the musical adaptations will have the same concept but will only focus on contemporary artists. Darlene Love and Lisa Fischer, who appear in the film, are currently in talks to return to the Broadway version.
"20 Feet From Stardom" was premiered at Sundance last year and became the highest-grossing documentary of the year. It's vying for an Academy Award in the Documentary Feature category.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby