Mick Jagger to Turn '20 Feet From Stardom' Into TV Series and Broadway Musical
Mick Jagger is going to give the spotlight to his juniors in his upcoming project. The rocker is in talks to turn documentary "Twenty Feet from Stardom", in which he stars, into a scripted TV series and a Broadway musical.
The Rolling Stones lead vocalist will executive produce the one-hour TV show with Victoria Pearman through their Jagged Films banner alongside Morgan Neville, who produced and directed the film. Jagger is featured in interviews and footage of the Oscar-nominated movie, which centers on the lives of the background singers who perform with some of the biggest music stars.
The series and the musical adaptations will have the same concept but will only focus on contemporary artists. Darlene Love and Lisa Fischer, who appear in the film, are currently in talks to return to the Broadway version.
"20 Feet From Stardom" was premiered at Sundance last year and became the highest-grossing documentary of the year. It's vying for an Academy Award in the Documentary Feature category.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics