Bradley Cooper to Play Disabled Man for Broadway Revival of 'The Elephant Man'
Bradley Cooper is returning to Broadway. According to Entertainment Weekly, the on-demand actor who got an Oscar nomination two years in a row for "Silver Linings Playbook" and then "American Hustle" will reprise his role in stage production "The Elephant Man" for an upcoming New York play this fall.
A revival of Bernard Pomerance's 1979 Tony-winning best drama, the story revolves around the real-life John Merrick, a severely disfigured 19th-century Englishman who struggles to live with dignity. Cooper previously played the handicapped man at the Williamstown Theatre Festival in the Berkshire Mountains of Massachusetts in summer 2012 for a limited run.
Meanwhile back in 2006, the "Limitless" star played on Broadway with Julia Roberts and Paul Rudd in Richard Greenberg's "Three Days of Rain".
Cooper has big shoes to fill in, as Philip Anglim got a Tony nomination for his performance in the original "Elephant Man" production. Meanwhile, John Hurt was nominated for an Oscar in a Joseph Merrick film directed by David Lynch in 1980.
The Hollywood hunk is not the only actor who will be taking the Broadway stage this year. Daniel Radcliffe is scheduled to play in Martin McDonagh's "The Cripple of Inishmaan", and Hugh Jackman is expected to take part in Jez Butterworth's "The River".
More Bradley Cooper News
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie