Bruce Springsteen's 'High Hopes' Debuts at Billboard 200's No. 1
Bruce Springsteen is returning to the top of Billboard 200, this time with his newest album "High Hopes". Nielsen SoundScan reports that the record, which leaked on Amazon weeks before its January 14 official release date, has sold 99,000 copies in its first week.
"High Hopes" marks Springsteen's 11th album to have topped the chart. However, it becomes the singer's first album to debut with fewer than 100,000 since Nielsen SoundScan began tracking sales for Billboard in 1991.
The "Born to Run" hitmaker now has the third most No. 1 albums behind rapper Jay-Z, who has 13, and legendary band The Beatles, who has 19.
At No. 2 on the chart, the soundtrack album of Disney's "Frozen (2013)" falls from the top slot after selling 87,000. At No. 3, the 25th installment of the "Kidz Bop" series opens with 65,000. The album, which features kid-friendly covers of popular songs, marks the series 18th time in the top 10.
Falling from last week's No. 2, Beyonce Knowles' self-titled set "Beyonce" is sitting at No. 4 with 61,000. Jennifer Nettles and Switchfoot are other new entries in the top 10. The member of duo Sugarland has her solo debut album "That Girl" landed at No. 5 with 54,000, while the San Diego-based rockers' "Fading West" debuts at No. 6 with 39,000.
Lorde's "Pure Heroine" slips two rungs to No. 7 with 31,000, while Eminem's "MMLP2" plunges to No. 8 with 29,000. Katy Perry's "Prism" and Imagine Dragons' "Night Visions" close out the top 10 with 22,000 and 20,000, respectively.
- "High Hopes" - Bruce Springsteen (99,000)
- "Frozen (2013)" Soundtrack - Various Artists (87,000)
- The "Kidz Bop 25" Album - Various Artists (65,000)
- "Beyonce" - Beyonce Knowles (61,000)
- "That Girl" - Jennifer Nettles (54,000)
- "Fading West" - Switchfoot (39,000)
- "Pure Heroine" - Lorde (31,000)
- "MMLP2" - Eminem (29,000)
- "Prism" - Katy Perry (222,000)
- "Night Visions" - Imagine Dragons (20,000)
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease