Captain and Tennille Divorcing After Nearly 40 Years of Marriage
Daryl Dragon and Toni Tennille of 1970s singing group Captain & Tennille are divorcing, RumorFix reports. Tennille, whose real name is Cathryn Antoinette Tennille, filed for divorce from Dragon a.k.a. the Captain in Arizona on January 16, saying that their marriage was "irretrievably broken."
In an interview with TMZ, the keyboard player Dragon said that he did not have idea why his wife filed for divorce. "I don't know why she filed. I gotta figure it out for myself first," he said, adding that they still lived in the same house.
According to the site, the legal documents mentioned health insurance coverage. In 2010, Tennille revealed in a blog post that Dragon had medical issue which has similar symptoms to Parkinson's disease. "Many of you know he is dealing with a neurological condition (not Parkinsons, but something similar) that causes him to have tremors ... pretty severe at times ... that interfere with his ability to play keyboards," she wrote.
"Some days he does pretty well...other days his playing is severely compromised. His condition is exacerbated by any kind of stress, and worrying about his ability to play has made his condition worse," the singer continued.
The couple met in the early 1970s and tied the knot in 1974. "Love Will Keep Us Together", "Do That to Me One More Time" and "Muskrat Love" are among their popular hits. They have no children together.
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service