Soulja Boy Released After Arrested on Gun Possession
Soulja Boy was arrested on Wednesday, January 22 on a residential street in the Granada Hills area of the San Fernando Valley at 4 A.M. He has been released from San Fernando Valley jail after posting a $35,000 bond on Wednesday afternoon.
Soulja, who was a passenger in the vehicle, was pulled over by a Los Angeles police officer for running a stop sign. Upon search, Police noticed that he was carrying a loaded gun, police spokeswoman Rosario Herrera told CNN. The rapper, real name DeAndre Cortez Way, is facing a felony weapons charge.
This is not the first time Soulja is arrested for firearm possession. Back in October 2011 he was arrested on felony weapons and drug charges during a traffic stop on a Georgia interstate. Driving a rented SUV, he was found to have a "felony amount" of marijuana and firearms.
Soulja also caused problem during an American Airlines flight last August that he was kicked off the plane. He was being disruptive and disrespectful to flight attendants but later apologized in a statement, "It was a bad night and me and the flight staff didn't see eye to eye. In hindsight, I'm extremely sorry for all inconvenience caused to the passengers and employees of the airline."
More Soulja Boy News
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off