Soulja Boy Released After Arrested on Gun Possession
Soulja Boy was arrested on Wednesday, January 22 on a residential street in the Granada Hills area of the San Fernando Valley at 4 A.M. He has been released from San Fernando Valley jail after posting a $35,000 bond on Wednesday afternoon.
Soulja, who was a passenger in the vehicle, was pulled over by a Los Angeles police officer for running a stop sign. Upon search, Police noticed that he was carrying a loaded gun, police spokeswoman Rosario Herrera told CNN. The rapper, real name DeAndre Cortez Way, is facing a felony weapons charge.
This is not the first time Soulja is arrested for firearm possession. Back in October 2011 he was arrested on felony weapons and drug charges during a traffic stop on a Georgia interstate. Driving a rented SUV, he was found to have a "felony amount" of marijuana and firearms.
Soulja also caused problem during an American Airlines flight last August that he was kicked off the plane. He was being disruptive and disrespectful to flight attendants but later apologized in a statement, "It was a bad night and me and the flight staff didn't see eye to eye. In hindsight, I'm extremely sorry for all inconvenience caused to the passengers and employees of the airline."
More Soulja Boy News
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars