Soulja Boy Released After Arrested on Gun Possession
Soulja Boy was arrested on Wednesday, January 22 on a residential street in the Granada Hills area of the San Fernando Valley at 4 A.M. He has been released from San Fernando Valley jail after posting a $35,000 bond on Wednesday afternoon.
Soulja, who was a passenger in the vehicle, was pulled over by a Los Angeles police officer for running a stop sign. Upon search, Police noticed that he was carrying a loaded gun, police spokeswoman Rosario Herrera told CNN. The rapper, real name DeAndre Cortez Way, is facing a felony weapons charge.
This is not the first time Soulja is arrested for firearm possession. Back in October 2011 he was arrested on felony weapons and drug charges during a traffic stop on a Georgia interstate. Driving a rented SUV, he was found to have a "felony amount" of marijuana and firearms.
Soulja also caused problem during an American Airlines flight last August that he was kicked off the plane. He was being disruptive and disrespectful to flight attendants but later apologized in a statement, "It was a bad night and me and the flight staff didn't see eye to eye. In hindsight, I'm extremely sorry for all inconvenience caused to the passengers and employees of the airline."
- Nathan Keyes to Play Justin Timberlake in Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris