The Wanted Breaks Up but Remains as Band
The Wanted announced on their website Wednesday, January 22 that they're breaking up but wouldn't rule out a reunion in the future. The band members will go separate ways after the upcoming "Word of Mouth" tour.
"This tour will be their last for a while as Tom, Max, Jay, Siva and Nathan have collectively decided to take time to pursue personal endeavors following the tour's conclusion," the statement read. "The band wants to stress to their fans that they will continue on as The Wanted and look forward to many successful projects together in the future. They thank their fans for their continued love and support and look forward to seeing them on tour."
The tour will kick off February 8 in Germany and hit North America on April 8 in Huntington, N.Y. before wrapping up on May 17 in Shawnee, Oklahoma.
Consisting of both British and Irish members, the band was formed in 2009 and managed by Scooter Braun. After having successful career in U.K., the band broke through the U.S. market in 2012 with "Glad You Came". The single spent 37 weeks at number 3 on Billboard Hot 100 chart. They were also stars of Ryan Seacrest Productions' reality show that debuted on E! in June.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video