Report: Big Boi and Andre 3000 to Release Solo LPs Before Putting Out an OutKast Album
OutKast, who has finally reunited after taking an eight-year hiatus, is planning to make an album together, Revolt TV says. However, before the new OutKast album arrives, members Big Boi and Andre 3000 will be releasing their respective solo project.
According to the duo's longtime producer Mr. DJ, Big Boi and Andre have been working on their respective solo projects at Stankonia Studios in Atlanta. The producer said Andre's debut solo album might arrive this year, while Big Boi already had "fair amount" of songs to be featured in what would be his third solo set.
OutKast recently revealed that they would play at 40 music festival dates. Mr. DJ said that the group's new album could happen after the outing. He said, "I get the feeling that the energy and camaraderie from the tour will bring everything full circle. We may make it back in for an album following that."
This is not the first time OutKast is reported working on a group album. Earlier this month, Queen Latifah said in an interview with Howard Stern that the rap duo was cooking up new music together in a studio. However, the talk show host later backtracked on her claim.
- Find Out What Ji Chang Wook Wants to Achieve Before Military Enlistment
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility
- Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Does Kim Know? Kanye West Caught Leaving Studio With Nearly Naked Woman
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'