Evanescence's Singer Amy Lee Pregnant With First Child
Evanescence's member Amy Lee revealed big news on Saturday, January 18. The rock singer took to Twitter that day to announce that she and her husband Josh Hartzler are going to be parents. "Ok I can't keep it a secret anymore - I've been working on a very special new project for 2014 - A BABY! Josh and I are expecting! I'm so happy!" she said in an excited-sounding post.
The band Garbage took to Twitter to congratulate the singer following the baby news. "Congratulations lil momma in waiting. So happy for you! Lots of showbiz kisses into the air! But really...that's so cool," the band's member Shirley Manson signed the message. "Thanks, Shirley! We're stupid excited :)," the expectant mother wrote back.
Lee and her therapist husband got married in 2007. "The big deal at the wedding was the flowers. Many, many flowers. It was absolutely beautiful and everything went perfectly," said her father John Lee back then. The baby will be the couple's first child together.
In other news, Lee told MTV News earlier this month that she recorded a score with composer Dave Eggar for a movie called "War Story". "It's going to surprise my fans. It's not what you'd expect; the film is very dark, very introspective. There's not even a lot of dialogue, which is great, because to me it makes this beautiful, sad platform for music," she said of the new music.
"There are moments of playing, and it's musical, but there are a lot of moments where Dave and I just built walls of sounds, out of blaring cellos and trombones and synthesizers and harp, all on top of each other," Lee explained, adding, "Sort of creating new sounds. It's not, like, a soundtrack. it's an atmosphere."
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Livid at Kris Jenner, Says She Barely Gets Money From 'KUWTK'
- Paranoid Travis Scott Fears Kylie Jenner Is Just Using Him to Get Revenge on Tyga
- Park Bom Flaunts Backside in Skimpy Swimsuit
- Watch Fall Out Boy's Bizarre Clip for 'Young and Menace'
- Barack Obama Disses Donald Trump's Tweeting Habit