Evanescence's Singer Amy Lee Pregnant With First Child
Evanescence's member Amy Lee revealed big news on Saturday, January 18. The rock singer took to Twitter that day to announce that she and her husband Josh Hartzler are going to be parents. "Ok I can't keep it a secret anymore - I've been working on a very special new project for 2014 - A BABY! Josh and I are expecting! I'm so happy!" she said in an excited-sounding post.
The band Garbage took to Twitter to congratulate the singer following the baby news. "Congratulations lil momma in waiting. So happy for you! Lots of showbiz kisses into the air! But really...that's so cool," the band's member Shirley Manson signed the message. "Thanks, Shirley! We're stupid excited :)," the expectant mother wrote back.
Lee and her therapist husband got married in 2007. "The big deal at the wedding was the flowers. Many, many flowers. It was absolutely beautiful and everything went perfectly," said her father John Lee back then. The baby will be the couple's first child together.
In other news, Lee told MTV News earlier this month that she recorded a score with composer Dave Eggar for a movie called "War Story". "It's going to surprise my fans. It's not what you'd expect; the film is very dark, very introspective. There's not even a lot of dialogue, which is great, because to me it makes this beautiful, sad platform for music," she said of the new music.
"There are moments of playing, and it's musical, but there are a lot of moments where Dave and I just built walls of sounds, out of blaring cellos and trombones and synthesizers and harp, all on top of each other," Lee explained, adding, "Sort of creating new sounds. It's not, like, a soundtrack. it's an atmosphere."
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed