Jonah Hill Only Paid $60,000 for 'Wolf of Wall Street' Role
There's no doubt that Jonah Hill worked very hard in "The Wolf of Wall Street" which resulted in an Oscar nomination, but he didn't earn a lot of money from the said role. In a radio interview with Howard Stern, he revealed that he was only paid $60,000 for the gig.
"They gave me the lowest amount of money possible, that was their offer," he opened up to the shock jock on Tuesday, January 21. "It was the minimum. I think SAG minimum is something like $60,000 before commissions and taxes." When Stern asked again for confirmation, "So you got paid $60,000 for that movie?" Hill replied, "Yeah, for an almost seven-month shoot."
"I said, 'I will sign the paper tonight. Fax me the papers tonight.' I want to sign them tonight before they change their mind," he recalled. "I said I want to sign them before I go to sleep tonight so they legally can't change their mind."
The "Moneyball" star was willing to do the movie for only $60k because he was so desperate to work with critically-acclaimed director Martin Scorsese. "I would sell my house and give him all my money to work for [Scorsese] ... I would have done anything in the world. I would do it again in a second," he gushed.
He didn't regret anything about it, saying, "I got to f**king be in a Martin Scorsese movie and I just got nominated for an Oscar. I'm tripping out, Howard ... I'm in shock. I'm totally in shock."
In fact, the 30-year-old actor is not working for money. "It's not about money for me. None of this s**t is about money," he said, though admitting, "I want to make money to pay my rent, and hopefully have a family one day and have kids and stuff."
Hill had been nominated before for Best Supporting Actor at Academy Awards for his role in "Moneyball". The Schmidt of "21 Jump Street" previously turned down roles in hit movies "The Hangover" and "Transformers" in favor of "Cyrus" (2010) starring John C. Reilly and Marisa Tomei.
- Oops! Cher Accidentally Retweets a Dick Pic
- No More Bad Blood! Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris Are Texting Again
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'