Wendy Williams Cries on TV: 'My Son Doesn't Like Me Anymore'
Wendy Williams bursts into tears when she talks about Madonna and her son with Guy Ritchie, Rocco. The host of "The Wendy Williams Show" was addressing controversy surrounding Madonna's Instagram statement when she got emotional on Monday, January 20.
"First of all, I want you to know, Rocco is 13 years old and Rocco is a real fan of his mother. What I discovered this weekend is that my son doesn't like me anymore," Wendy said while crying. "I discovered this a while ago, but the ball just got smacked home this weekend. He's all into his father - you know how 13-year-olds are. I was the same way when I was 13, but it is breaking my heart."
"He's a father; he's a buddy; they talk sneakers; they go for hair cuts; they speed off in the cars, and I'm just left there feeling like, 'Why you so p**sed?' I'm not p**sed, I'm a mom! ... Thank God he (Kevin) has his buddy, and father. Anyways, she's (Madonna) lucky that he (Rocco) likes her," she continued. Kevin is Wendy's son with husband and manager Kevin Hunter.
Madonna recently landed in hot water after she used racial slur in a caption of her Instagram post. The singer shared a photo of her son boxing and wrote, "No one messes with Dirty Soap! Mama said knock you out! #disni**a." She later apologized, saying, "It was not meant as a racial slur. I am not a racist. There's no way to defend the use of the word. It was all about intention... It was used as a term of endearment toward my son who is white. I appreciate that it's a provocative word and I apologize if it gave people the wrong impression. Forgive me."
More Wendy Williams News
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake