Opera Singer Renee Fleming to Sing National Anthem at Super Bowl
Acclaimed opera singer Renee Fleming will belt out the national anthem at the upcoming Super Bowl in MetLife Stadium, New Jersey. The NFL and FOX made the announcement on Tuesday, January 21.
Grammy Awards-winner Fleming will be the first opera star to sing the national anthem at the Super Bowl. Alicia Keys, Kelly Clarkson, Christina Aguilera, Carrie Underwood and Jennifer Hudson are among stars who sang "The Star-Spangled Banner" in the recent years.
Fleming, 54, was presented with the 2012 National Medal of Arts by President Barack Obama last July. She has also performed at events like the 2006 Nobel Peace Prize Ceremony and the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing.
This year, singer Bruno Mars will perform in the Super Bowl XLVIII Halftime Show. During a game between Seattle Seahawks and Denver Broncos on February 2, the Hawaiian singer will be joined by Red Hot Chili Peppers.
- Are They Engaged? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Flaunt Matching Rings on Instagram
- Michael Phelps Secretly Weds Nicole Johnson
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert