Opera Singer Renee Fleming to Sing National Anthem at Super Bowl
Acclaimed opera singer Renee Fleming will belt out the national anthem at the upcoming Super Bowl in MetLife Stadium, New Jersey. The NFL and FOX made the announcement on Tuesday, January 21.
Grammy Awards-winner Fleming will be the first opera star to sing the national anthem at the Super Bowl. Alicia Keys, Kelly Clarkson, Christina Aguilera, Carrie Underwood and Jennifer Hudson are among stars who sang "The Star-Spangled Banner" in the recent years.
Fleming, 54, was presented with the 2012 National Medal of Arts by President Barack Obama last July. She has also performed at events like the 2006 Nobel Peace Prize Ceremony and the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing.
This year, singer Bruno Mars will perform in the Super Bowl XLVIII Halftime Show. During a game between Seattle Seahawks and Denver Broncos on February 2, the Hawaiian singer will be joined by Red Hot Chili Peppers.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny