Opera Singer Renee Fleming to Sing National Anthem at Super Bowl
Acclaimed opera singer Renee Fleming will belt out the national anthem at the upcoming Super Bowl in MetLife Stadium, New Jersey. The NFL and FOX made the announcement on Tuesday, January 21.
Grammy Awards-winner Fleming will be the first opera star to sing the national anthem at the Super Bowl. Alicia Keys, Kelly Clarkson, Christina Aguilera, Carrie Underwood and Jennifer Hudson are among stars who sang "The Star-Spangled Banner" in the recent years.
Fleming, 54, was presented with the 2012 National Medal of Arts by President Barack Obama last July. She has also performed at events like the 2006 Nobel Peace Prize Ceremony and the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing.
This year, singer Bruno Mars will perform in the Super Bowl XLVIII Halftime Show. During a game between Seattle Seahawks and Denver Broncos on February 2, the Hawaiian singer will be joined by Red Hot Chili Peppers.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri