Opera Singer Renee Fleming to Sing National Anthem at Super Bowl
Acclaimed opera singer Renee Fleming will belt out the national anthem at the upcoming Super Bowl in MetLife Stadium, New Jersey. The NFL and FOX made the announcement on Tuesday, January 21.
Grammy Awards-winner Fleming will be the first opera star to sing the national anthem at the Super Bowl. Alicia Keys, Kelly Clarkson, Christina Aguilera, Carrie Underwood and Jennifer Hudson are among stars who sang "The Star-Spangled Banner" in the recent years.
Fleming, 54, was presented with the 2012 National Medal of Arts by President Barack Obama last July. She has also performed at events like the 2006 Nobel Peace Prize Ceremony and the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing.
This year, singer Bruno Mars will perform in the Super Bowl XLVIII Halftime Show. During a game between Seattle Seahawks and Denver Broncos on February 2, the Hawaiian singer will be joined by Red Hot Chili Peppers.
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'