Aaron Paul and Liam Neeson Up for Ron Howard's 'The Dark Tower'
"The Dark Tower" is still moving forward, despite being passed on by two big studios, Universal and then Warner Bros. Aaron Paul confirms he has had meetings to play Eddie Dean, while Liam Neeson is reportedly interested to portray the male lead, Roland Deschain.
"I've had a ton of meetings on that," the "Breaking Bad" actor spilled to Ain't It Cool News. "I just had a general sit down with Ron Howard, who is a huge fan of the show, which is such a crazy thing to even think that Ron Howard even knows who I am. They're definitely planning on making it."
"I'm excited," he added. "Their goal is to do three films, but also have a television element to it, which will be very interesting. From what I hear, Eddie Dean is a pretty epic, iconic character."
Meanwhile, Schmoes Know which brought the Liam Neeson report learns that Howard "is going to make this with MRC and Imagine for around 60 million or so. And he's likely doing this next. There's going to be a TV series as well since it's MRC and I'm thinking it may end up being at Netflix."
An adaptation of Stephen King's novel, the long-delayed film will follow gunslinger Roland who travels across a desolate and vaguely post-apocalyptic landscape in his quest for a black tower. Akiva Goldsman reportedly provides the screenplay.
Javier Bardem and Russell Crowe were previously tipped to play the lead role, and J.J. Abrams was once linked to the project when it was first announced in 2007.
More The Dark Tower News
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video