Aaron Paul and Liam Neeson Up for Ron Howard's 'The Dark Tower'
"The Dark Tower" is still moving forward, despite being passed on by two big studios, Universal and then Warner Bros. Aaron Paul confirms he has had meetings to play Eddie Dean, while Liam Neeson is reportedly interested to portray the male lead, Roland Deschain.
"I've had a ton of meetings on that," the "Breaking Bad" actor spilled to Ain't It Cool News. "I just had a general sit down with Ron Howard, who is a huge fan of the show, which is such a crazy thing to even think that Ron Howard even knows who I am. They're definitely planning on making it."
"I'm excited," he added. "Their goal is to do three films, but also have a television element to it, which will be very interesting. From what I hear, Eddie Dean is a pretty epic, iconic character."
Meanwhile, Schmoes Know which brought the Liam Neeson report learns that Howard "is going to make this with MRC and Imagine for around 60 million or so. And he's likely doing this next. There's going to be a TV series as well since it's MRC and I'm thinking it may end up being at Netflix."
An adaptation of Stephen King's novel, the long-delayed film will follow gunslinger Roland who travels across a desolate and vaguely post-apocalyptic landscape in his quest for a black tower. Akiva Goldsman reportedly provides the screenplay.
Javier Bardem and Russell Crowe were previously tipped to play the lead role, and J.J. Abrams was once linked to the project when it was first announced in 2007.
- Kim Kardashian Says Goodbye to Barack Obama's Presidency With Throwback Pics
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?