Young Jeezy Arrested for Police Obstruction
Rapper Young Jeezy has been arrested again following a run-in with the law earlier this month. Quoting Alpharetta police spokesman George Gordon, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that Jeezy was arrested on Tuesday, January 21 and was charged with obstruction for allegedly cursing at officers and refusing to provide his name.
According to the police, they went to a townhouse in Alpharetta because of a security alarm, but no one answered the door. The officers then saw the Atlanta rapper walking out of the house and he told them that it was his girlfriend's house. Gordon added that Jeezy, whose real name is Jay Wayne Jenkins, refused to tell them his name or show his ID and cursed at the officers.
Jeezy was booked into the Fulton County jail on late Tuesday. More info concerning the incident is not available.
Earlier this month, Jeezy was arrested on charges of battery, false imprisonment and making terroristic threats against his own son. The incident took place in September 2012. At that time, he reportedly threw his son into a glass door during an altercation, hit his teenager son in the face and told him, "I will kill you," among others.
Jeezy's attorney then released a statement following the arrest. "We have no doubt this matter will resolve itself appropriately. At this moment, Mr. Jenkins is thankful for the support of his fans and the respect for his family's privacy," the attorney said back then.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed