Nine Inch Nails, Queens of the Stone Age, Dave Grohl to Close Out Grammys
Nine Inch Nails, Queens of the Stone Age and Dave Grohl are set to join forces to close out the upcoming Grammy Awards, SPIN reports. The supergroup will perform together with special guest Lindsey Buckingham of Fleetwood Mac at Los Angeles' Staples Center on Sunday, January 26.
"We're incredibly excited about this number," said Grammys producer Ken Ehrlich in a statement. "There's nothing better than when the Grammys rock out, and to have these artists all together on one stage, doing a number that, when they presented it to us, knocked us out, is going to turn out to be one of those Grammy moments that people talk about for a long time."
There's still no information on what songs the superstars will play during the biggest night in music industry. In addition to performing, they are up for awards in various categories.
Nine Inch Nail is nominated for Best Alternative Music Album for their "Hesitation Marks". Queens of the Stone Age is vying for Best Rock Performance award for "My God Is the Sun" and Best Rock Album trophy for "...Like Clockwork".
As for Grohl, the musician who has played with both NIN and QOTSA in the past, is nominated in Best Rock Song category for his collaboration with Paul McCartney, Krist Novoselic and Pat Smear, "Cut Me Some Slack".
This Sunday's Grammys will also feature performances from Taylor Swift, Daft Punk, Pharrell Williams, Imagine Dragons, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Keith Urban, Kendrick Lamar, Lorde and Robin Thicke among others.
Bruno Mars, Alicia Keys, Miguel, Ariana Grande, Anna Kendrick, Jared Leto, Ryan Seacrest, Neil Patrick Harris and Steven Tyler will be among presenters at the event.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences