Anne Hathaway Says Report of Her Near-Drowning Experience Is 'False'
Story about Anne Hathaway being caught in riptide during holiday in Hawaii is not true. The actress talked about the report during the Sundance premiere for her movie "Song One", saying that the story of her almost drowned was false.
"I'm fine. ... I really do appreciate everybody's concern but that was a picture that had a false story attached to it. The real story is not as interesting," Hathaway said, as quoted by The Associated Press. She additionally joked that someone told her to say she was playing Charades and "pulled Titanic."
Earlier this month, photos of Hathaway with panic-looking expression in the water emerged online. The photos reportedly were taken during her holiday in Hawaii with her husband Adam Shulman. At that time, the Oscar-winning actress was said being caught in riptide while swimming. She reportedly screamed for help and a surfer who was nearby helped her get out of the water. The star reportedly injured her foot on a reef during the incident and later was tended by her husband.
In other news, Hathaway's most-recent movie talks about a woman who returns home after her brother slips into coma. The actress, who sang "I Dreamed a Dream" in "Les Miserables", will also sing in the flick. "It wasn't as much pressure because my character is not a singer, a musician anything, so there is no pressure to, I don't know - to please the fans of the music I guess," she said. Hathaway plays alongside Ben Rosenfeld, Johnny Flynn and Mary Steenburgen in the Katie Barker-Froyland-directed flick.
- JoJo Was Forced to Inject Herself to Lose Weight Fast
- Calvin Harris Is Avoiding Kanye West Collab Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck '100 Percent Still Separated' Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Miranda Lambert's Rep Shoots Down Pregnancy Rumors
- Watch Star-Studded Performance of 'What the World Needs Now Is Love' at DNC
- 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Brings Out the Poetic World
- Keshia Knight Pulliam Accuses Her Husband of Cheating While Tearfully Talking About Divorce