Anne Hathaway Says Report of Her Near-Drowning Experience Is 'False'
Story about Anne Hathaway being caught in riptide during holiday in Hawaii is not true. The actress talked about the report during the Sundance premiere for her movie "Song One", saying that the story of her almost drowned was false.
"I'm fine. ... I really do appreciate everybody's concern but that was a picture that had a false story attached to it. The real story is not as interesting," Hathaway said, as quoted by The Associated Press. She additionally joked that someone told her to say she was playing Charades and "pulled Titanic."
Earlier this month, photos of Hathaway with panic-looking expression in the water emerged online. The photos reportedly were taken during her holiday in Hawaii with her husband Adam Shulman. At that time, the Oscar-winning actress was said being caught in riptide while swimming. She reportedly screamed for help and a surfer who was nearby helped her get out of the water. The star reportedly injured her foot on a reef during the incident and later was tended by her husband.
In other news, Hathaway's most-recent movie talks about a woman who returns home after her brother slips into coma. The actress, who sang "I Dreamed a Dream" in "Les Miserables", will also sing in the flick. "It wasn't as much pressure because my character is not a singer, a musician anything, so there is no pressure to, I don't know - to please the fans of the music I guess," she said. Hathaway plays alongside Ben Rosenfeld, Johnny Flynn and Mary Steenburgen in the Katie Barker-Froyland-directed flick.
More Anne Hathaway News
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent