Anne Hathaway Says Report of Her Near-Drowning Experience Is 'False'
Story about Anne Hathaway being caught in riptide during holiday in Hawaii is not true. The actress talked about the report during the Sundance premiere for her movie "Song One", saying that the story of her almost drowned was false.
"I'm fine. ... I really do appreciate everybody's concern but that was a picture that had a false story attached to it. The real story is not as interesting," Hathaway said, as quoted by The Associated Press. She additionally joked that someone told her to say she was playing Charades and "pulled Titanic."
Earlier this month, photos of Hathaway with panic-looking expression in the water emerged online. The photos reportedly were taken during her holiday in Hawaii with her husband Adam Shulman. At that time, the Oscar-winning actress was said being caught in riptide while swimming. She reportedly screamed for help and a surfer who was nearby helped her get out of the water. The star reportedly injured her foot on a reef during the incident and later was tended by her husband.
In other news, Hathaway's most-recent movie talks about a woman who returns home after her brother slips into coma. The actress, who sang "I Dreamed a Dream" in "Les Miserables", will also sing in the flick. "It wasn't as much pressure because my character is not a singer, a musician anything, so there is no pressure to, I don't know - to please the fans of the music I guess," she said. Hathaway plays alongside Ben Rosenfeld, Johnny Flynn and Mary Steenburgen in the Katie Barker-Froyland-directed flick.
More Anne Hathaway News
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture