'Parks and Recreation' Pictures Tease Rob Lowe and Rashida Jones' Farewell
"Parks and Recreation" fans better prepare a lot of tissues to watch an Ann and Chris farewell episode. Photos from the said outing have been shared to give a peek at the emotional send-off, and it does look like a tearjerker.
There are a lot of hugs, and Leslie and Ann visit Lot 48 together for one last time before she leaves Pawnee with Chris. Of course there will also be some hilarious moments such as when Chris shows an awkward dancing move as seen in one of the pictures.
Aptly titled "Ann and Chris", the last episode of Rob Lowe (Chris) and Rashida Jones (Ann) will air Thursday, January 30 at 8:30 P.M. ET on NBC. On Ann and Chris's last night in Pawnee, Leslie throws a grand farewell party and attempts to fulfill one last promise. Meanwhile, Tom, Ben, Ron and Andy struggle to find the perfect going away gift for Chris.
"It's been a slow build, and episode 13 is the gigantic, explosive farewell," "Parks and Recreation" showrunner Mike Schur told The Hollywood Reporter of Jones and Lowe's upcoming exit. "It will have been set up for almost half a year. We didn't want to have an episode 12 like, 'Hey, I got a job offer. Let's leave Pawnee,' and suddenly they disappear. We want to give them a properly dramatic and formal send-off."
As her first post-"Parks and Rec" gig, Jones has just landed a role in TBS' "Tribeca" pilot, which is co-created and directed by Steve Carell. The single-camera sitcom centers on Jones' Angie Tribeca, an 10-year veteran of the LAPD's EHCU (Really Heinous Crimes Unit). She's described as a lone wolf who is capable, committed, strong and not thrilled when she's told she has to work with a partner.
Production on the pilot is scheduled to begin in February or March in Los Angeles.
Lowe has also been reported in talks to headline a potential new series on NBC.
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does