'Parks and Recreation' Pictures Tease Rob Lowe and Rashida Jones' Farewell
"Parks and Recreation" fans better prepare a lot of tissues to watch an Ann and Chris farewell episode. Photos from the said outing have been shared to give a peek at the emotional send-off, and it does look like a tearjerker.
There are a lot of hugs, and Leslie and Ann visit Lot 48 together for one last time before she leaves Pawnee with Chris. Of course there will also be some hilarious moments such as when Chris shows an awkward dancing move as seen in one of the pictures.
Aptly titled "Ann and Chris", the last episode of Rob Lowe (Chris) and Rashida Jones (Ann) will air Thursday, January 30 at 8:30 P.M. ET on NBC. On Ann and Chris's last night in Pawnee, Leslie throws a grand farewell party and attempts to fulfill one last promise. Meanwhile, Tom, Ben, Ron and Andy struggle to find the perfect going away gift for Chris.
"It's been a slow build, and episode 13 is the gigantic, explosive farewell," "Parks and Recreation" showrunner Mike Schur told The Hollywood Reporter of Jones and Lowe's upcoming exit. "It will have been set up for almost half a year. We didn't want to have an episode 12 like, 'Hey, I got a job offer. Let's leave Pawnee,' and suddenly they disappear. We want to give them a properly dramatic and formal send-off."
As her first post-"Parks and Rec" gig, Jones has just landed a role in TBS' "Tribeca" pilot, which is co-created and directed by Steve Carell. The single-camera sitcom centers on Jones' Angie Tribeca, an 10-year veteran of the LAPD's EHCU (Really Heinous Crimes Unit). She's described as a lone wolf who is capable, committed, strong and not thrilled when she's told she has to work with a partner.
Production on the pilot is scheduled to begin in February or March in Los Angeles.
Lowe has also been reported in talks to headline a potential new series on NBC.
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory