Josh Holloway Responds to Aquaman Casting Rumor for 'Man of Steel 2'
Josh Holloway addresses rumors circulating on the web that he is in talks to play Aquaman in the upcoming Superman vs. Batman film. "It hasn't been brought to my attention by my people. So maybe they're just floating it softly around, but that would be cool!" comments the former "Lost" star who currently stars on new series "Intelligence".
"Sure, I think I'm available at the moment as we just wrapped up. I'm an actor, I like different roles. Batman movies are awesome, Marvel movies are awesome," he adds to IGN. "But we'll see. I'm on a series right now. I think they usually want to sign you up for several movies and I don't know if you can do that when you're committed to a series..."
"Man of Steel 2" has been pushed back from July 17, 2015 to May 6, 2016. Several Justice League members other than Superman and Batman are rumored to make appearance, but no official word has been made to confirm them. According to a new rumor spread by a user on a gaming message board NeoGaf, "Aquaman is in it, but not called Aquaman. He's there because the world engine in the ocean did something to the fish."
Claiming that the information was received from "someone from the art department that supposedly got s***canned," the game enthusiast fuels long-running rumors that the villains in the sequel will be Lex Luthor and Metallo. The Daily Planet is reportedly bought by the evil business magnate for PR purposes.
The other possible tidbits are "Wonderwoman poses as a Wayne Enterprises investor to retrieve an item that belongs to her people," "Robin betrayed Batman at some point, leading to a falling out between them," and "at the end Superman is living in exile, and the Justice League is an government approved superhero team."
In the "Man of Steel" sequel, Henry Cavill will return as Superman, Amy Adams will reprise her role as Lois Lane, Ben Affleck is set to play Batman, and Gal Gadot is brought in as Wonder Woman. Zack Snyder returns as the helmer.
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'
- Daniel Craig Goes Blonde for His Villain Role in 'Logan Lucky'
- Tyga Has His Ferrari Repossessed While Bentley Shopping With Kylie Jenner
- 'The Flash' Teases Flashpoint Storyline in First Official Images From Season 3
- Halsey Flashes Her Bare Crotch as She Ditches Panties for a VMA After-Party
- Marvel Developing 'New Warriors' Comedy Series Featuring Squirrel Girl
- Mark Hamill Shaves His Jedi Beard and Hints at His Return to 'Star Wars Episode IX'
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2