'The Ellen DeGeneres Show' Is the First U.S. Daily Talk Show to Air in China
"The Ellen DeGeneres Show" lands in China. Warner Bros. has struck a deal with Sohu Video, an online distributor, to carry the show in China, marking the first time a U.S. syndicated talk show will air in the country.
Episodes of the Ellen DeGeneres-hosted talk show will be subtitled in China and available within 2 days of their original broadcast. "It's basically the same show, but it will have subtitles and be called 'The Happy Lady Dance Hour'," the comedian said when announcing the deal on her show Tuesday, January 21.
" 'The Ellen DeGeneres Show' is one of the most well-known talk shows in the U.S., and we believe it could also have strong appeal and relevance with the Chinese audience," said Sohu Chairman and Chief Executive Charles Zhang.
"Ellen has clearly differentiated herself and her talk show from so many of the controversial conflict-oriented talk shows as it has become an increasingly positive alternative in daytime featuring the biggest stars from worlds of film, television and music," added Jeffrey Schlesinger, president of Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Distribution.
Terms of the deal are not disclosed.
More The Ellen DeGeneres Show News
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?