'The Ellen DeGeneres Show' Is the First U.S. Daily Talk Show to Air in China
"The Ellen DeGeneres Show" lands in China. Warner Bros. has struck a deal with Sohu Video, an online distributor, to carry the show in China, marking the first time a U.S. syndicated talk show will air in the country.
Episodes of the Ellen DeGeneres-hosted talk show will be subtitled in China and available within 2 days of their original broadcast. "It's basically the same show, but it will have subtitles and be called 'The Happy Lady Dance Hour'," the comedian said when announcing the deal on her show Tuesday, January 21.
" 'The Ellen DeGeneres Show' is one of the most well-known talk shows in the U.S., and we believe it could also have strong appeal and relevance with the Chinese audience," said Sohu Chairman and Chief Executive Charles Zhang.
"Ellen has clearly differentiated herself and her talk show from so many of the controversial conflict-oriented talk shows as it has become an increasingly positive alternative in daytime featuring the biggest stars from worlds of film, television and music," added Jeffrey Schlesinger, president of Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Distribution.
Terms of the deal are not disclosed.
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Forced to Hand Over Kids to Brad Pitt
- NBC Officially Greenlights 'Will and Grace' Revival
- Drake Meets J.Lo's Children - Are They Getting Serious?
- Bella Hadid and Justin Bieber Accuse Selena Gomez of Using The Weeknd for Promotion
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer