Sacha Baron Cohen in Talks for Villain in 'Alice in Wonderland' Sequel
Sacha Baron Cohen could reunite with Johnny Depp in the next installment of "Alice in Wonderland". Multiple sources report that the "Borat" star is in negotiations to play the main baddie in the upcoming sequel called "Through the Looking Glass".
The Wrap specifically learns the "Hugo" actor is eying to play a character named Time. If he signs on for the project, it will mark his reunion with the "Pirates of the Caribbean" star after their brilliant pairing in 2007's strongly-lauded film "Sweeney Todd".
The sequel to Tim Burton's 2010 film will come out Stateside on May 27, 2016. James Bobin ("Muppets Most Wanted") takes over the helming duty, Depp will return as Mad Hatter and Mia Wasikowska is on board to reprise her role as the titular Alice in the second installment.
Cohen was last seen playing a big role in 2012's "Les Miserables" and then he made a cameo in last year's "Anchorman: The Legend Continues". He is now attached to star in Louis Leterrier-directed action-comedy "Grimsby" and developing Paramount's "The Lesbian" which he will star in and produce.
He was initially also set to play Queen's late frontman Freddie Mercury in a biopic, but later dropped out of the project due to creative differences. Ben Whishaw was eventually tapped to replace the comedian.
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle