Sacha Baron Cohen in Talks for Villain in 'Alice in Wonderland' Sequel
Sacha Baron Cohen could reunite with Johnny Depp in the next installment of "Alice in Wonderland". Multiple sources report that the "Borat" star is in negotiations to play the main baddie in the upcoming sequel called "Through the Looking Glass".
The Wrap specifically learns the "Hugo" actor is eying to play a character named Time. If he signs on for the project, it will mark his reunion with the "Pirates of the Caribbean" star after their brilliant pairing in 2007's strongly-lauded film "Sweeney Todd".
The sequel to Tim Burton's 2010 film will come out Stateside on May 27, 2016. James Bobin ("Muppets Most Wanted") takes over the helming duty, Depp will return as Mad Hatter and Mia Wasikowska is on board to reprise her role as the titular Alice in the second installment.
Cohen was last seen playing a big role in 2012's "Les Miserables" and then he made a cameo in last year's "Anchorman: The Legend Continues". He is now attached to star in Louis Leterrier-directed action-comedy "Grimsby" and developing Paramount's "The Lesbian" which he will star in and produce.
He was initially also set to play Queen's late frontman Freddie Mercury in a biopic, but later dropped out of the project due to creative differences. Ben Whishaw was eventually tapped to replace the comedian.
- Song Joong Ki's 'Battleship Island' Co-Star Spills Detail of His Wedding Plan to Song Hye Kyo
- Fans Speculate Infinite's Woohyun Is Involved in Sexual Assault Case
- Venus Williams Claims Fatal Car Crash Victim Didn't Wear Seat Belt
- Chadwick Boseman Hunts Down His Sister's Killer in Intense Trailer for 'Message from the King'
- Usher Cleans His Star and Pushes a Car With James Corden in 'Carpool Karaoke'
- Kate Hudson Shaves Her Head for New Musical Project With Sia
- O.J. Simpson and Kato Kaelin May Live Together for New Reality Show
- Khloe Kardashian Accused of Photoshopping Her Workout Pic. See It Yourself!