Sacha Baron Cohen in Talks for Villain in 'Alice in Wonderland' Sequel
Sacha Baron Cohen could reunite with Johnny Depp in the next installment of "Alice in Wonderland". Multiple sources report that the "Borat" star is in negotiations to play the main baddie in the upcoming sequel called "Through the Looking Glass".
The Wrap specifically learns the "Hugo" actor is eying to play a character named Time. If he signs on for the project, it will mark his reunion with the "Pirates of the Caribbean" star after their brilliant pairing in 2007's strongly-lauded film "Sweeney Todd".
The sequel to Tim Burton's 2010 film will come out Stateside on May 27, 2016. James Bobin ("Muppets Most Wanted") takes over the helming duty, Depp will return as Mad Hatter and Mia Wasikowska is on board to reprise her role as the titular Alice in the second installment.
Cohen was last seen playing a big role in 2012's "Les Miserables" and then he made a cameo in last year's "Anchorman: The Legend Continues". He is now attached to star in Louis Leterrier-directed action-comedy "Grimsby" and developing Paramount's "The Lesbian" which he will star in and produce.
He was initially also set to play Queen's late frontman Freddie Mercury in a biopic, but later dropped out of the project due to creative differences. Ben Whishaw was eventually tapped to replace the comedian.
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Seen for the First Time Since Military Enlistment - See the Pic
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Her Bum in Thong Bikini - See the Racy Pic
- Lily Collins Shares Cute Throwback Pic and Fans Just Can't Handle It
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 12 First Look: Tyra Banks Makes Debut as New Host
- PSY Proves He Hasn't Changed at All as He Shares Funny Childhood Photo
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Ample Cleavage as She Cuddles Up to Bryan Tanaka
- Paris Hilton Gushes Over Romance With Chris Zylka: 'I'm in a Serious Relationship'
- 'The Emoji Movie' Defeats 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in Social Media Buzz