Sacha Baron Cohen in Talks for Villain in 'Alice in Wonderland' Sequel
Sacha Baron Cohen could reunite with Johnny Depp in the next installment of "Alice in Wonderland". Multiple sources report that the "Borat" star is in negotiations to play the main baddie in the upcoming sequel called "Through the Looking Glass".
The Wrap specifically learns the "Hugo" actor is eying to play a character named Time. If he signs on for the project, it will mark his reunion with the "Pirates of the Caribbean" star after their brilliant pairing in 2007's strongly-lauded film "Sweeney Todd".
The sequel to Tim Burton's 2010 film will come out Stateside on May 27, 2016. James Bobin ("Muppets Most Wanted") takes over the helming duty, Depp will return as Mad Hatter and Mia Wasikowska is on board to reprise her role as the titular Alice in the second installment.
Cohen was last seen playing a big role in 2012's "Les Miserables" and then he made a cameo in last year's "Anchorman: The Legend Continues". He is now attached to star in Louis Leterrier-directed action-comedy "Grimsby" and developing Paramount's "The Lesbian" which he will star in and produce.
He was initially also set to play Queen's late frontman Freddie Mercury in a biopic, but later dropped out of the project due to creative differences. Ben Whishaw was eventually tapped to replace the comedian.
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?
- La La Vazquez Parties at NYC Strip Club After Ditching Kim Kardashian's Mexican Getaway
- Paris Jackson Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skimpy Outfit
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation