Kate Gosselin's Twins Talked Parents' Divorce but Shut Down on Dad Question
Mady and Cara regained their ability to speak during live interview but again clammed up when talking about dad Jon Gosselin. The twin sisters, together with their mother Kate Gosselin, appeared on "The View" on Monday, January 20 to talk about some sensitive issues like their parents' divorce and whether they see their father often.
The show's co-hosts started with some easy questions like what kind of chores the girls have to do at home. "Okay, well, I unload the dishes," said Cara. "Mady loads the dishwasher. She does do some work. We wipe down the counters and clean up dinner."
Whoopi Goldberg then asked what kind of music the 13-year-olds like. Mady replied, "If I'm going to be 100 percent honest, I don't like Justin Bieber. But I... [like] One Direction." Cara's pick would be Demi Lovato.
Jenny McCarthy began to ask the girls about their parents, taking example of her own story. "When I was in my twenties, my parents went through a divorce," McCarthy told Mady and Cara. "It was really hard at age 20. How did you guys handle watching your parents go through a divorce but also watching it happen in front of everyone?"
Mady answered, "Honestly, it wasn't hard for us. I think it was harder for [our mom], definitely. It didn't really affect me and we still saw both parents. We were little, we were like 8 or 9, so we knew what was going on, but we didn't see the stuff [in the media]."
Kate quickly chimed in, "I kept them sheltered, and yeah, it's necessary and it drew the nine of us so much closer. There's really nothing off limits we don't talk about. Clearly there's hard times and strange discussions, and probably not preferable things, but we're very open and the girls hang out in my room with me every night and we chat."
But when they were asked how often they see their father, the girls merely shrugged their shoulders and looked at their mom. Kate did not try to answer the question either.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding