Alison Sweeney Leaving 'Days of Our Lives' for Family
After more than two decades going through "Days of Our Lives", Alison Sweeney is ending her run. The 37-year-old actress announced on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" on Tuesday, January 21 that she would be leaving the soap opera this year.
"I'm celebrating my 21st year and I decided that it's going to be my last year with the show," Sweeney told Ellen DeGeneres. She was only 16 when she joined the show as Samantha "Sami" Brady. She has also been the host of "The Biggest Loser" since 2007.
"I have never had more than a two-week vacation [since I began Days] in that whole time and yeah," the mother of two said. "It's [been] awesome. I love Sami, I love Salem, I love my job, I love daytime, I love the fans, I love everything about it."
The Daytime Emmy winner said she wanted to focus on her kids. "My daughter just turned 5 and my son is 9, and I just want to be with them and enjoy my last year," she reasoned. The actress is married to California Highway Patrolman David Sanov and is mother to Ben and Martha. She added later, "I'm really just excited to be with my kids and be with my husband and ...have fun. And I write, my second book's coming out and I love directing!"
Although she will be on the show all this year, she admitted that she had no knowledge on when her final episode yet. "It would be awesome to have some kind of happy ending, but then I also think Sami probably deserves some sort of very twisted like 'Breaking Bad' ending," she said. "She's caused a lot of people a lot of problems."
More Days of Our Lives News
- Watch Fifth Harmony Bring Out Ty Dolla $ign for Mini Concert on 'Today' Show
- Get First Images and Details of 'Cars 3'
- Will There Be More 'Matrix' Movies? Here's What Joel Silver Says
- Topher Grace Marries Fiancee Ashley Hinshaw in Private Ceremony
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Proposals and Villain Already in Week 2
- Katy Perry's Twitter Account Is Hacked, Posts Tweet About Taylor Swift
- Why Cyclops Should Be the Leader of the Next 'X-Men' Franchise
- Diplo Reuniting With Justin Bieber and MO for Major Lazer's New Song