Miley Cyrus to Perform on 'MTV Unplugged' Next Week
Miley Cyrus is set to star on "MTV Unplugged" series next week. The cable channel made the announcement during the Monday night, January 20 episode of its popular supernatural drama "Teen Wolf".
"Miley Cyrus: MTV Unplugged" is scheduled to premiere on January 29 at 09:00 P.M. ET/PT. Also set to be joined by surprise guests, the former Disney star will perform intimate new versions of her hit songs, including ones taken from her newest album "Bangerz".
"The 'Unplugged' stage has been home to some of the most iconic live performances of all time," MTV's executive vice president of music and talent programming strategy, Amy Doyle, said in a statement. "Miley's vision for the performance is like nothing we've ever seen. I can say that this will easily be one of the most memorable Unplugged performances to date."
Cyrus is following the footsteps of artists like Nirvana, Paul McCartney, Mariah Carey, Bruce Springsteen, Bob Dylan and Alicia Keys, who have appeared on "Unplugged" series since the show started in 1989.
After performing on the MTV show, Cyrus will embark on her "Bangerz" tour on February 14 in Vancouver.
More Miley Cyrus News
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular
- Cheryl Signs Up for Private Boxing Sessions in an Attempt to Get Back Into Shape After Giving Birth
- Jake Gyllenhaal Loses His Legs in Boston Marathon Bombing in Intense Trailer for 'Stronger'
- 50 Cent Has the Hots for Helen Mirren Despite 30-Year Age Gap: 'She Turns Me On'
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sparks Plastic Surgery Speculations
- Amy Poehler and Seth Meyers Revive 'SNL' 'Really?!' Segment to Mock Pro-Trump Protesters