Miley Cyrus to Perform on 'MTV Unplugged' Next Week
Miley Cyrus is set to star on "MTV Unplugged" series next week. The cable channel made the announcement during the Monday night, January 20 episode of its popular supernatural drama "Teen Wolf".
"Miley Cyrus: MTV Unplugged" is scheduled to premiere on January 29 at 09:00 P.M. ET/PT. Also set to be joined by surprise guests, the former Disney star will perform intimate new versions of her hit songs, including ones taken from her newest album "Bangerz".
"The 'Unplugged' stage has been home to some of the most iconic live performances of all time," MTV's executive vice president of music and talent programming strategy, Amy Doyle, said in a statement. "Miley's vision for the performance is like nothing we've ever seen. I can say that this will easily be one of the most memorable Unplugged performances to date."
Cyrus is following the footsteps of artists like Nirvana, Paul McCartney, Mariah Carey, Bruce Springsteen, Bob Dylan and Alicia Keys, who have appeared on "Unplugged" series since the show started in 1989.
After performing on the MTV show, Cyrus will embark on her "Bangerz" tour on February 14 in Vancouver.
More Miley Cyrus News
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?