Miley Cyrus to Perform on 'MTV Unplugged' Next Week
Miley Cyrus is set to star on "MTV Unplugged" series next week. The cable channel made the announcement during the Monday night, January 20 episode of its popular supernatural drama "Teen Wolf".
"Miley Cyrus: MTV Unplugged" is scheduled to premiere on January 29 at 09:00 P.M. ET/PT. Also set to be joined by surprise guests, the former Disney star will perform intimate new versions of her hit songs, including ones taken from her newest album "Bangerz".
"The 'Unplugged' stage has been home to some of the most iconic live performances of all time," MTV's executive vice president of music and talent programming strategy, Amy Doyle, said in a statement. "Miley's vision for the performance is like nothing we've ever seen. I can say that this will easily be one of the most memorable Unplugged performances to date."
Cyrus is following the footsteps of artists like Nirvana, Paul McCartney, Mariah Carey, Bruce Springsteen, Bob Dylan and Alicia Keys, who have appeared on "Unplugged" series since the show started in 1989.
After performing on the MTV show, Cyrus will embark on her "Bangerz" tour on February 14 in Vancouver.
More Miley Cyrus News
- Angelina Jolie Worries Brad Pitt Will Leave Her for Marion Cotillard
- Kanye West Kicks Off 'Saint Pablo Tour' and It Has Flying Stage. How Fans React?
- 'Frustrated' Shawn Mendes Slams Billboard for Misquoting Comments About His Fans
- Sibling Rivalry What? Khloe Kardashian Calls Kim Her 'Body Motivation'
- Robin Thicke, Pharrell and T.I. Officially Appeal 'Blurred Lines' Copyright Verdict
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Bra During Casual Stroll While Kylie Flaunts Major Cleavage
- Demi Moore Joins Cast of R-Rated Comedy 'Rock That Body'
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are in No Rush to Walk Down the Aisle