James Franco's 'Child of God' Gets Full Trailer
The first full trailer for "Child of God" starring James Franco who also serves as a director and co-writer has arrived online. It gives a look at a disturbed violent man who goes on a killing spree as he is seeking a revenge for being forced to live outside the social order.
The outcast is described as "of German and Irish bloods. His name was Lester Ballard, a child of God. Much like yourself perhaps." He descends literally and figuratively to the level of a cave dweller as he falls deeper into crime and degradation.
Scott Haze plays the troubled man. He previously worked together with Franco in 2013's drama "As I Lay Dying", which was led, directed and co-written by the "Oz: The Great and Powerful" actor.
Based on Cormac McCarthy's 1973 novel of the same title, the movie is supported by Tim Blake Nelson and Jim Parrack. The book's author helped Franco write screenplay. The indie film has been screened at Venice, Toronto, New York, and Austin Film Festivals last year, but hasn't got a theatrical release date just yet.
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly
- Beyonce Writes a Song About Her Newborn Twins, Plans to Release New Album Before Coachella 2018
- Gillian Anderson Goes Makeup-Free and Ditches Bra During Her Stay in Italy
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up