James Franco's 'Child of God' Gets Full Trailer
The first full trailer for "Child of God" starring James Franco who also serves as a director and co-writer has arrived online. It gives a look at a disturbed violent man who goes on a killing spree as he is seeking a revenge for being forced to live outside the social order.
The outcast is described as "of German and Irish bloods. His name was Lester Ballard, a child of God. Much like yourself perhaps." He descends literally and figuratively to the level of a cave dweller as he falls deeper into crime and degradation.
Scott Haze plays the troubled man. He previously worked together with Franco in 2013's drama "As I Lay Dying", which was led, directed and co-written by the "Oz: The Great and Powerful" actor.
Based on Cormac McCarthy's 1973 novel of the same title, the movie is supported by Tim Blake Nelson and Jim Parrack. The book's author helped Franco write screenplay. The indie film has been screened at Venice, Toronto, New York, and Austin Film Festivals last year, but hasn't got a theatrical release date just yet.
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child