James Franco's 'Child of God' Gets Full Trailer
The first full trailer for "Child of God" starring James Franco who also serves as a director and co-writer has arrived online. It gives a look at a disturbed violent man who goes on a killing spree as he is seeking a revenge for being forced to live outside the social order.
The outcast is described as "of German and Irish bloods. His name was Lester Ballard, a child of God. Much like yourself perhaps." He descends literally and figuratively to the level of a cave dweller as he falls deeper into crime and degradation.
Scott Haze plays the troubled man. He previously worked together with Franco in 2013's drama "As I Lay Dying", which was led, directed and co-written by the "Oz: The Great and Powerful" actor.
Based on Cormac McCarthy's 1973 novel of the same title, the movie is supported by Tim Blake Nelson and Jim Parrack. The book's author helped Franco write screenplay. The indie film has been screened at Venice, Toronto, New York, and Austin Film Festivals last year, but hasn't got a theatrical release date just yet.
- Donald Glover Officially Cast as Young Lando Calrissian in 'Han Solo' Movie
- Perrie Edwards Was Left Homeless After Nasty Split From Zayn Malik
- Azealia Banks Pens Apology Letter to Zayn Malik
- Weird Al Turns Final Presidential Debate Into Song Called 'Bad Hombres, Nasty Women'
- Chris Pine and Gugu Mbatha-Raw Join the Cast of Disney's 'A Wrinkle in Time'
- Judge Approves Taylor Swift's Request to Seal Her Groping Photo
- Angelina Jolie Already 'Misses' Brad Pitt, Is Having 'Second Thoughts' About Divorce
- Watch Amy Schumer and Goldie Hawn Parody Beyonce's 'Formation' Video