James Franco's 'Child of God' Gets Full Trailer
The first full trailer for "Child of God" starring James Franco who also serves as a director and co-writer has arrived online. It gives a look at a disturbed violent man who goes on a killing spree as he is seeking a revenge for being forced to live outside the social order.
The outcast is described as "of German and Irish bloods. His name was Lester Ballard, a child of God. Much like yourself perhaps." He descends literally and figuratively to the level of a cave dweller as he falls deeper into crime and degradation.
Scott Haze plays the troubled man. He previously worked together with Franco in 2013's drama "As I Lay Dying", which was led, directed and co-written by the "Oz: The Great and Powerful" actor.
Based on Cormac McCarthy's 1973 novel of the same title, the movie is supported by Tim Blake Nelson and Jim Parrack. The book's author helped Franco write screenplay. The indie film has been screened at Venice, Toronto, New York, and Austin Film Festivals last year, but hasn't got a theatrical release date just yet.
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?
- 'This Is Us' Stars on Latest Twist: 'I'm Rooting for Jack and Rebecca'
- Watch Justin Timberlake Amaze Las Vegas Crowd in First Full Trailer for Netflix Concert Doc
- Gwyneth Paltrow Shares Makeup-Free Selfie to Celebrate 44th Birthday
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens