Shailene Woodley Says She Is Unlikely to Return for 'Amazing Spider-Man 3'
Shailene Woodley discusses her Mary Jane Watson role in "The Amazing Spider-Man" franchise. She tells MTV News that it seems unlikely for her to reprise her role as the redhead in the next superhero movie due to her increasingly busy schedule which includes two "Divergent" sequels.
Woodley was supposed to play Mary Jane in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2", but her scene was eventually cut off. Mary Jane is the girl who eventually becomes the wallcrawler's girlfriend, but Marc Webb is currently focusing on the hero's relationship with his high school sweetheart Gwen Stacy.
"I don't know anything, but seeing as how they picked up the next two 'Divergent' films, I don't know how I would keep my sanity with two big action films in one year," the 22-year-old discusses the possibility of seeing her in "The Amazing Spider-Man 3", before adding, "But anything can happen."
The second "Amazing Spider-Man" film is due in the U.S. on May 2 with Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone returning as on-screen couple. Neil Burger's "Divergent", meanwhile, is scheduled to hit theaters across the country on March 21 with Theo Thomas as her love interest.
The third and fourth "Amazing Spider-Man" films are set for June 10, 2016 and May 4, 2018 respectively. As for Woodley-starring franchise "Divergent", it will be followed by "Insurgent" on March 20, 2015 and "Allegiant" on March 18, 2016.
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle
- J Balvin, Camila Cabello and Pitbull Tease New Track 'Hey Ma' on Instagram
- An Alleged Sex Tape of Trey Songz Leaks Online Amid Nicki Minaj and Remy Ma's Beef
- Emma Stone Says the Oscars Blunder Was One of the Most Horrible Moments of Her Life