Lance Bass Releases 'Walking on Air', His First New Song in 12 Years
Lance Bass has released his first new song in 12 years. Debuted on E! News on Monday, January 20, the track entitled "Walking on Air" is the former NSYNC member's collaboration with Snoop Dogg, Anise K and Bella Blue.
The track, which will be available on iTunes on Tuesday, January 21, has been described by Bass as a "fun dance track." "These days songs have to be played in clubs and this is one of those songs that you'll definitely hear in the club. I'm sure it will be remixed so many different times," he says.
Of his decision to finally record a new song after more than a decade, Bass explains, "For the last two years I've been listening to demos, just trying to figure out if I want to get back in the studio. I hadn't heard anything that resonated with me. But a couple of months ago, a track from Anise K landed in my lap from a friend of mine and he was like, 'I think this will be your first song.' "
Bass then admits he'd like to perform his song onstage. "But I have zero plans," he reveals. "I'm going to release it and if people love it, hopefully it will climb the charts... I'm just going to play it by ear."
A slightly different version of Bass' "Walking on Air" was released last year in Belgium with Belgian singer Ian Thomas, as well as in Australia.
- Netflix Is Back After Crash Following 'Luke Cage' Premiere
- Gigi Hadid Trips on Runway at Paris Fashion Week
- Mail Order Bride Comedy Canned by NBC After Getting Backlash
- Robin Williams' Widow Calls the Actor's Disease 'the Terrorist Inside My Husband's Brain'
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress