Lindsay Lohan Announces She Will Star in and Produce Thriller 'Inconceivable'
Lindsay Lohan announced her new film when coming to Sundance Film Festival recently. The star confirmed that she would play in and produce "Inconceivable (2016)". She's joined by financier Randall Emmett, who previously co-produced "Lone Survivor".
"I've never had the honor of coming here before ... to bring something to the table, which is starting fresh for me," the actress said at the event. "And I'm filming my Oprah docu-series right now, so I get to that to the people who have been watching that as well."
Details of the plotline are still under wraps, but LiLo described the project as a psychological thriller about a woman trying to reclaim something she lost. The troubled actress who was plagued with a series of legal troubles recently said she "related to the character in a lot of ways."
Randall himself called Lindsay "one of the greatest young actresses of her generation." He explained how they ended up working together in this project, "She read the script, she called, she said, 'We're making this movie, are you in or out?' " he recalled. "I said, 'I'm in.' "
As a producer, LiLo is in charge of choosing the director and the cast for the movie. "I even approached Juliette Lewis and was emailing some other people," the actress revealed her dream cast. "I don't know if she would do it, but I would die if she did: Jessica Lange."
"It's therapeutic for me to throw myself into something that really excites me and something that I love to do so much," she said. "There's nothing better than having seen all of your ideas and thoughts that you've been thinking about to come to fruition and to share that with people. I think that's why I've always loved making movies so much. So it's nice to be able to have another position in the film rather than just showing up and being on the set."
The director is expected to be announced next week, and the filming is scheduled to begin in March.
Despite her incessant troubles, Lindsay appeared in at least four films in 2013 alone. She had a cameo in "The Bling Ring" and "Scary Movie 5", played Marilyn in "Inappropriate Comedy", and portrayed the leading lady in "The Canyons". Unfortunately, three of her roles got nominated for Razzies.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny