Liam Payne Lashes Out on Twitter Following 'Duck Dynasty' Tweet Controversy
Liam Payne went on Twitter rant on Saturday, January 18 after his tweet to "Duck Dynasty" star Willie Robertson was interpreted as a support to his father's anti-homo statement. Last week, the One Direction member mentioned Willie in a Twitter post, saying that he was a fan. "@williebosshog huge love to you/your family huge respect for your business prosperities and the family values you still all behold. Big fan," Liam wrote.
Willie's father Phil Robertson recently landed in hot water because of his homophobic comment and an LGBT activist responded angrily that Liam praised the reality star. "Being a fan of [someone's] show and the way they still hold a family together doesn't mean I am ok with all they say," Liam tweeted as a response. "Oh my god can someone literally not be a fan if a show without bring labeled WTf I bought dinner the other day it made a news story."
"I can't do anything without being judged u try that and write about it," he continued. "And I know I'm playing into your hands writing these tweets but I'm sick of stupid stories it's time you all grow up." The singer additionally posted a screencap of search results for his name and captioned the image, "Look at this s**t I never said any if that write about something real for once there's plenty of issues In the world."
After angrily directing his tweets at journalists, Liam added, "Sick of all this bull [i'll] be back again when the freedom of speech law is back and people don't believe to much into the bulls#!t they read." He later hinted at the prospect of receiving a call from his management about the angry tweets. "Can't wait for the call tomorrow where I get told of for cussing had to be said like I said before much worse has happened In the world. Pick ur balls up off the floor and get on with it instead of taking advantage of every word said and twisting it for your own gain."
Liam's sister Ruth told fans that her 20-year-old brother needed a break following the meltdown. "My brother tweeted he respected family values not that he supports them," she wrote. "I hope he has a long time away from twitter now and enjoys his time off without being judged. At the moment he just needs a break."
Look at this shit I never said any if that write about something real for once there's plenty of issues In the world pic.twitter.com/FDsqtyr5Ht— Liam Payne (@Real_Liam_Payne) January 19, 2014
More Liam Payne News
- 'Carpool Karaoke': Lady GaGa Is Novice Driver, James Corden Tries on Her Infamous Costumes
- Shia LaBeouf Is a Marine With PTSD in 'Man Down' Teaser Trailer
- Rihanna Sends Taylor Swift a Warning After Pop Diva Spent Her Night Partying With Drake
- Ray J Teams Up With Chris Brown for Kanye West 'Famous' Response
- Here's Why Ryan Reynolds Disagrees With Tim Miller's 'More Stylish' Version of 'Deadpool 2'
- Taylor Kinney Already Moves on After Lady GaGa Split. Who's His New Girlfriend?
- What Breakup? Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are 'Still Together' Despite Split Rumors
- We'll Miss You, Toby! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star and Creator Say Goodbye to Keegan Allen