Miles Teller to Play Dan Aykroyd in John Belushi Biopic
Miles Teller will apparently share screen with Emile Hirsch in an untitled John Belushi biopic. The "Footloose" actor is expected to portray Dan Aykroyd, Belushi's "Blues Brothers" co-star who serves a producer for the upcoming film.
Hirsch who will play the late John Belushi announced the news at a Sundance party for the Creative Coalition on Saturday night, January 18. "A shout-out to Miles Teller!" he said. "We're going to be working together soon. He's playing Dan Aykroyd in the Belushi movie."
Teller's camp later confirms the actor indeed gets an offer to star in the biopic, but insists he will not make the final decision until he finishes promoting "That Awkward Moment" which is slated to open in the U.S. on January 31.
Besides having a film with Zac Efron and Michael B. Jordan, 26-year-old Teller will star in young adult adaptation "Divergent" and romcom "Two Night Stand". His other new film "Whiplash" was just screened to open the Sundance Festival.
Belushi film will chronicle his journey to stardom in 1970s through his shocking fatal drug overdose at the Chateau Marmont in 1982. He was just 33. The late actor/comedian was best known as an original member of "Saturday Night Live" and the star of movies like "The Blues Brothers" and "Animal House".
Steve Conrad, who wrote "The Pursuit of Happyness", "The Weather Man", Ben Stiller's "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty", will direct the drama and pen the script based on the book by Tanner Colby and Belushi's widow Judy Belushi Pisano.
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Seen for the First Time Since Military Enlistment - See the Pic
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Her Bum in Thong Bikini - See the Racy Pic
- Lily Collins Shares Cute Throwback Pic and Fans Just Can't Handle It
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 12 First Look: Tyra Banks Makes Debut as New Host
- PSY Proves He Hasn't Changed at All as He Shares Funny Childhood Photo
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Ample Cleavage as She Cuddles Up to Bryan Tanaka
- Paris Hilton Gushes Over Romance With Chris Zylka: 'I'm in a Serious Relationship'
- 'The Emoji Movie' Defeats 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in Social Media Buzz