Miles Teller to Play Dan Aykroyd in John Belushi Biopic
Miles Teller will apparently share screen with Emile Hirsch in an untitled John Belushi biopic. The "Footloose" actor is expected to portray Dan Aykroyd, Belushi's "Blues Brothers" co-star who serves a producer for the upcoming film.
Hirsch who will play the late John Belushi announced the news at a Sundance party for the Creative Coalition on Saturday night, January 18. "A shout-out to Miles Teller!" he said. "We're going to be working together soon. He's playing Dan Aykroyd in the Belushi movie."
Teller's camp later confirms the actor indeed gets an offer to star in the biopic, but insists he will not make the final decision until he finishes promoting "That Awkward Moment" which is slated to open in the U.S. on January 31.
Besides having a film with Zac Efron and Michael B. Jordan, 26-year-old Teller will star in young adult adaptation "Divergent" and romcom "Two Night Stand". His other new film "Whiplash" was just screened to open the Sundance Festival.
Belushi film will chronicle his journey to stardom in 1970s through his shocking fatal drug overdose at the Chateau Marmont in 1982. He was just 33. The late actor/comedian was best known as an original member of "Saturday Night Live" and the star of movies like "The Blues Brothers" and "Animal House".
Steve Conrad, who wrote "The Pursuit of Happyness", "The Weather Man", Ben Stiller's "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty", will direct the drama and pen the script based on the book by Tanner Colby and Belushi's widow Judy Belushi Pisano.
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Wants to Adopt Baby With British Boyfriend
- Back at It! Natalie Portman Returns to Work After Giving Birth to Daughter Amalia
- Cara Delevingne Sports Bald Head on 'Life in a Year' Filming Set
- Elton John Cancels Entire Las Vegas Shows Due to 'Unusual Bacterial Infection'
- Finding 'Comfort,' Brad Pitt Plans to Buy New Place in L.A. Arts District After Angelina Jolie Split
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Star Jesse Williams and Wife Split After Nearly 5 Years of Marriage
- Hollywood Writers Authorize a Strike. Will It Repeat the 2007 WGA Strike?
- Ben Affleck Steps Out for First Time Since Filing for Divorce From Jennifer Garner