Margot Robbie in Talks to Replace Amanda Seyfried in 'Z for Zachariah'
On heels of her performance as Leonardo DiCaprio's love interest in strongly-lauded movie "The Wolf of Wall Street", Margot Robbie is offered two new promising projects. The Wrap learns she is in negotiations to play the female lead in "Z for Zachariah" and "Tarzan".
Robbie, 23, is reportedly eyed to replace Amanda Seyfried who was initially set to take on the leading lady in "Zachariah". She will star opposite "Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit" hunk Chris Pine and "12 Years a Slave" actor Chiwetel Ejiofor.
Adapted from Robert C. O'Brien's post-apocalyptic sci-fi novel of the same title, the film follows a girl who believes she is the only survivor after a devastating nuclear event, but comes to learn she is not alone. The movie is directed by Craig Zobel.
As for Robbie's "Tarzan" casting, the rumor has been circulating on the web since late last year. She is expected to play Jane, sharing screen with Alexander Skarsgard, Christoph Waltz, and Samuel L. Jackson in this project.
"Harry Potter" helmer David Yates is on board as a director. John August ("Dark Shadows", "Frankenweenie"), Cormac & Marianne Wibberley ("National Treasure"), and Adam Cozad ("Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit") are working on the script.
- Calvin Harris Is Back on Social Media Following Car Accident, Posts Almost Naked Pic
- Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys Welcome First Child
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope