Margot Robbie in Talks to Replace Amanda Seyfried in 'Z for Zachariah'
On heels of her performance as Leonardo DiCaprio's love interest in strongly-lauded movie "The Wolf of Wall Street", Margot Robbie is offered two new promising projects. The Wrap learns she is in negotiations to play the female lead in "Z for Zachariah" and "Tarzan".
Robbie, 23, is reportedly eyed to replace Amanda Seyfried who was initially set to take on the leading lady in "Zachariah". She will star opposite "Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit" hunk Chris Pine and "12 Years a Slave" actor Chiwetel Ejiofor.
Adapted from Robert C. O'Brien's post-apocalyptic sci-fi novel of the same title, the film follows a girl who believes she is the only survivor after a devastating nuclear event, but comes to learn she is not alone. The movie is directed by Craig Zobel.
As for Robbie's "Tarzan" casting, the rumor has been circulating on the web since late last year. She is expected to play Jane, sharing screen with Alexander Skarsgard, Christoph Waltz, and Samuel L. Jackson in this project.
"Harry Potter" helmer David Yates is on board as a director. John August ("Dark Shadows", "Frankenweenie"), Cormac & Marianne Wibberley ("National Treasure"), and Adam Cozad ("Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit") are working on the script.
- Madonna Is 'Getting Serious' With Her New Toy Boy
- Is Angelina Jolie Adopting More Children Following Brad Pitt Divorce?
- Is Kim Kardashian Exiting 'KUWTK' for Politics?
- Rita Ora Releases New Single 'Your Song'
- Beyonce Demands a Silent Birth
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018