Margot Robbie in Talks to Replace Amanda Seyfried in 'Z for Zachariah'
On heels of her performance as Leonardo DiCaprio's love interest in strongly-lauded movie "The Wolf of Wall Street", Margot Robbie is offered two new promising projects. The Wrap learns she is in negotiations to play the female lead in "Z for Zachariah" and "Tarzan".
Robbie, 23, is reportedly eyed to replace Amanda Seyfried who was initially set to take on the leading lady in "Zachariah". She will star opposite "Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit" hunk Chris Pine and "12 Years a Slave" actor Chiwetel Ejiofor.
Adapted from Robert C. O'Brien's post-apocalyptic sci-fi novel of the same title, the film follows a girl who believes she is the only survivor after a devastating nuclear event, but comes to learn she is not alone. The movie is directed by Craig Zobel.
As for Robbie's "Tarzan" casting, the rumor has been circulating on the web since late last year. She is expected to play Jane, sharing screen with Alexander Skarsgard, Christoph Waltz, and Samuel L. Jackson in this project.
"Harry Potter" helmer David Yates is on board as a director. John August ("Dark Shadows", "Frankenweenie"), Cormac & Marianne Wibberley ("National Treasure"), and Adam Cozad ("Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit") are working on the script.
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death
- Casey Affleck Is a White-Sheeted Ghost in 'A Ghost Story' First Trailer