Beyonce Knowles Performs at White House for Michelle Obama's 50th Birthday
Beyonce Knowles was one of the stars helping celebrate Michelle Obama's 50th birthday on Saturday, January 18. She donned a mini flapper dress and nude pumps to perform a special set in front of star-studded guests for the private party held at the White House.
The singer brought her daughter, Blue Ivy, who just celebrated her second birthday. The toddler looking adorable in a white frilly gown admired the First Family's Christmas tree in one of the pics posted on Queen Bey's Tumblr, and played with the Obamas' dog Sunny in another photo.
The other famous attendees included Paul McCartney and spouse Nancy Shevell, Samuel L. Jackson, Bill and Hillary Clinton, Mary J. Blige, John Legend and new wife Chrissy Teigen, Ashley Judd, Angela Bassett, Gayle King, Smokey Robinson, Gladys Knight, and Steve Harvey.
The likes of Michael Kors, Rachael Ray, Al Roker, Sheryl Sandberg, Stevie Wonder, and Jennifer Hudson came to the celebration as well. "We had such a good time with the 1st family in dc tonight!" the "American Idol" alum gushed.
DJ Cassidy played music after live performances from the musical guests ended. President Barack Obama reportedly delivered an emotional speech to his birthday wife and, at one point, got down on to the dance floor to teach his guests how to do "The Dougie."
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps