FOX Orders Steven Spielberg's Comedic Soap
FOX adds comedic soap "Red Band Society" to its list of potential new series. The network has given a go to the project from executive producers Steven Spielberg, Margaret Nagle ("Boardwalk Empire"), Justin Falvey ("Under the Dome"), Darryl Frank ("Under the Dome") and Sergio Aguero with a series prototype and additional backup scripts order.
To feature dark humor, the show follows a group of teenagers living as patients in the children's wing of a hospital who become unlikely friends and a surrogate family. It's based on the acclaimed Spanish series "Polseres Vermelles".
The network also orders drama "Runner" based on the Turkish series "Son". From writer Michael Cooney ("Identity"), it captures the tough world of arms dealing through the unexpected perspective of a woman.
On the center of the story is Lauren Marks who, after a twist of fate, learns her husband is not the person she thought he was and goes on a truth-seeking journey that inserts her into a U.S./Mexican war over weapons and terrorism. The project has received an off-cycle commitment with an eye toward series production in the summer.
These two projects join other shows which have been in production stage without being picked up to pilot first. Among those already in series development are "Gracepoint", "Hieroglyph" and Batman prequel series "Gotham".
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending