FOX Orders Steven Spielberg's Comedic Soap
FOX adds comedic soap "Red Band Society" to its list of potential new series. The network has given a go to the project from executive producers Steven Spielberg, Margaret Nagle ("Boardwalk Empire"), Justin Falvey ("Under the Dome"), Darryl Frank ("Under the Dome") and Sergio Aguero with a series prototype and additional backup scripts order.
To feature dark humor, the show follows a group of teenagers living as patients in the children's wing of a hospital who become unlikely friends and a surrogate family. It's based on the acclaimed Spanish series "Polseres Vermelles".
The network also orders drama "Runner" based on the Turkish series "Son". From writer Michael Cooney ("Identity"), it captures the tough world of arms dealing through the unexpected perspective of a woman.
On the center of the story is Lauren Marks who, after a twist of fate, learns her husband is not the person she thought he was and goes on a truth-seeking journey that inserts her into a U.S./Mexican war over weapons and terrorism. The project has received an off-cycle commitment with an eye toward series production in the summer.
These two projects join other shows which have been in production stage without being picked up to pilot first. Among those already in series development are "Gracepoint", "Hieroglyph" and Batman prequel series "Gotham".
- HBO and J.J. Abrams Teaming Up for Space Drama 'Glare'
- James Franco's Surprise Role in 'Alien: Covenant' Unveiled
- Angelina Jolie Seen in Public for the First Time Since Brad Pitt Divorce Sans Wedding Ring
- Listen to a Sneak Peek of Louis Tomlinson's Debut Solo Song 'Just Hold On' Featuring Steve Aoki
- They Mean It! Kardashians Not Backing Down Against Blac Chyna Trademarking Her Name
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Sequel Gets Release Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- NSFW Alert! Barbara Palvin Ditches Panties to Recreate Sharon Stone's 'Basic Instinct' Scene
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Finale Title Revealed - Here's How It May Hint at the Plot